new aldi's cycle stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone tried their overshoes? Any good?

Matthew

Downward

Guru
Those shoes look a bit like the £40 ones reviewed in C+ not too long ago.

Will have to check that out - There looks to be a couple of decent things there.
The winter under type stuff looks great - I bought some last year but white and bear in mind how cold last year was I think I only needed it twice.

Probably an idea for long times (45 mins +) on the bike.

The packable waterproof stuff looks good I may have to get that.

Those gloves are great too - They got me through last winter and never had cold hands.

ACS

Legendary Member
Over shoes are IMO OK for dry and moderately cold conditions. I do not think they would be of much use in sub zero conditions not substantial enough. They are a bit on the loose side. The hat is great value worth spending 6.99 for it alone.

MajorMantra

satans budgie said:
Over shoes are IMO OK for dry and moderately cold conditions. I do not think they would be of much use in sub zero conditions not substantial enough. They are a bit on the loose side. The hat is great value worth spending 6.99 for it alone.

Cheers!

Matthew

l4dva

Guru
Will those base layers be anything like the helly hanson base layers??

I also notice the microfiber towels.. you reckon these be any good. I currently use a micro fibre towel that I picked up from a travel/outdoor type shop cost me about £15 if I remember right, they really good for the commutes pack up into a small pouch and dry pretty fast.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
l4dva said:
Will those base layers be anything like the helly hanson base layers??

I also notice the microfiber towels.. you reckon these be any good. I currently use a micro fibre towel that I picked up from a travel/outdoor type shop cost me about £15 if I remember right, they really good for the commutes pack up into a small pouch and dry pretty fast.
I bought a couple of the hand towels last year. They came in very handy when I didn't have showers at work. I will certainly be buying a large one this year.

dodgy

The overshoes will last you about a dozen rides, they get torn as there is no reinforcement in the areas that are likely to come into contact with the ground.

dodgy said:
The overshoes will last you about a dozen rides, they get torn as there is no reinforcement in the areas that are likely to come into contact with the ground.

Mine didnt even last that long, two rides!

But the skull cap is great for the winter, and those soft shell jackets are spot on.

Top Bottom