new aldi's cycle stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
I just got home and tried my soft shell jacket on again and the arms seem realy short
ive got a large when im usually a medium, its fits around the chest fine but the arms dont seem long enough...might take it back... its shame because i quite like it

Tony B

Had to go back as James B wanted some gloves, picked up some reflective bands as well for him, treated myself to pair of socks [only one pair left in 9-11] and some waterproof trousers and a pasty :biggrin:.

johnnyb

Went to Wolverhampton branch tonight and people waiting for the boxes to be opened and put on display! Would have liked a softshell but even an XL was too tight! Bought 2 winter shirts, overshoes and cap set. Waterproof looked ok but a bit too thick and heavy for me. Not struck on the gloves, had some fingerless last time but again very small even though marked as XL.....perhaps I am bigger than I think ;-)

2 pairs of the non-bib style leggings and 2 long-sleeved shirts for me. Met Vikeonabike in there which was nice as we've conversed via private message only up 'til now. As said by others, sizing was a bit odd. The shirts fit me superbly with nice long sleeves, but the jackets were way too tight and short sleeved :rofl: ?
They only had large jackets left so I've had to leave that, but I'd rather shell out for one I know will be breatheable.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a waterproof jacket please? I'd like one in either dayglo green or orange so I can ditch the tabard in winter.

Plax

Guru
I went after work on a detour cycle and was surprised that there was still a lot of stock left (Bangor). My plan was if I cycled there was only so much I could squeeze in my pannier.

I intended just to go for gloves and maybe a top. I actually got gloves, a top, a hi-viz waterproof jacket and a packet of haribos.
I really like the gloves. The top fits nicely. The jacket, well the design reminds me very much of the Altura Night Vision in a way. Fits okay, although a bit of a weird fit size wise so try it on first if you're going to get one is my advice. Feels a bit "plasticy" though, so I'll have to test it out to get a proper opinion of it, but so far so good.

ingenuitylee

I was debating whether or not to leave visiting Aldi until tomorrow(not as many cyclists in Glossop as there is in London). It was a good job I did though as I struggled to get a size 10 overshoe set. they look a bit lightweight but the hat was ideal. I also got some longs which fit great and they had plenty of the bib types, I think they might be a little warm for the time being. I also got some socks and gloves.

I've only just started wearing my summer soft shell jacket I bought in May on the mornings as I get too hot on the hills so I gave the winter jackets a miss.

MrRidley

You lucky lot, by the time i got to my local, there was bugger all left, nothing, nada, zilch, i wish they would anticipate the demand for stock.

l4dva

Guru
Anyone know where I can get a similar soft shell cyclying jacket to these adli ones, preferably one that fits properly with the right lenght arms......

I got my self one from adli and really like the material and the warmth of it but the damn arms just aren't long enough... do decathalon do anything like this?? I might be tempted to make a trip to one if so..

balzer69

long sleeved shirts - very good for £8. good fit (medium for me with 40" chest, label said 38-40), stretchy, 8% elastane/lycra. went back and bought another two.

Not particularly impressed with the other kit - fluoro waterproof look very hot, , gloves ok but not too breathable, winter jacket ok but sizing is bizarre, cap good, socks and compression base layer good (but better can be found online for not much more £), longs ok.

As usual most of the kit is excellent value if you're on a budget, but I find the shirts to be better than the rest

Cubist

Still wavin'
l4dva said:
Anyone know where I can get a similar soft shell cyclying jacket to these adli ones, preferably one that fits properly with the right lenght arms......

I got my self one from adli and really like the material and the warmth of it but the damn arms just aren't long enough... do decathalon do anything like this?? I might be tempted to make a trip to one if so..
TKs occasionally have dare2b in. I got one of their softshells for about 25 quid, and a windproof water resistant bamboo carbon shell jacket for about the same money.

Top Bottom