New bike day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

J1888

Über Member
Well I've done about 100 miles so far and it's fanflippingtastic - what a difference from my Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid.

Love it, love it, love it; so yes I will certainly insure it!

adamangler

Veteran
The team carbons go down in spec every year, i dont think there quite the value for money bike they were, weighing in around 9kg with tiagra for a grand is ok, but theres better bargains to be had these days. Good bikes though, ive had one, ride well.

OP
OP
J

J1888

Über Member
The team carbons go down in spec every year, i dont think there quite the value for money bike they were, weighing in around 9kg with tiagra for a grand is ok, but theres better bargains to be had these days. Good bikes though, ive had one, ride well.

All relative I reckon; not fussed too much about group set, just pleased that it rides well - it was 900 with BC discount - took my mates Caad8 105, which is reduced to 849 and even as Cannondale fan, the 50 quid is much better spent on the Boardman, hence my decision

adamangler

Veteran
All relative I reckon; not fussed too much about group set, just pleased that it rides well - it was 900 with BC discount - took my mates Caad8 105, which is reduced to 849 and even as Cannondale fan, the 50 quid is much better spent on the Boardman, hence my decision

yes there good bikes, used to work in halfords, just dissapointing to see the spec drop every year.

OP
OP
J

J1888

Über Member
yes there good bikes, used to work in halfords, just dissapointing to see the spec drop every year.

Are they not updated every 2 years? From what I can see, the 2014 model had a mix of old 105 and tiagra, whereas new one uses new tiagra...aside from that I can't see a difference

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
Well I've done about 100 miles so far and it's fanflippingtastic.

Have you had the opportunity just to sit down with it and share a drink or two and talk?

Has it been waxed yet?

Well I've done about 100 miles so far and it's fanflippingtastic - what a difference from my Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid.

Did you ever ride the Quick with a pair of road wheels and 23mm tyres, though?

I did - it lived up to its name.
BB

PS - you're making it up unless you post a pic to prove it ;)

adamangler

Veteran
Yes they get updated. New paint schemes etc. But they generally go down in spec. They were 105/ tiara mix before. Before that full 105.

Yes it's the latest tiagra but they were the latest 105 at the time as well.

OP
OP
J

J1888

Über Member
Here's a pic that I took before getting it out of the shop...and before I got the awful pedals off

bf51th.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Indeed
I was tempted by a new baordman on C2W this year but a carbon boardman with tiagra would be no lighter than my older , upgraded alloy boardman with sram .
The mavic cxp 22s are pretty decent wheels so i would just run them into the ground before you change them , i originally changed mine to RS 11s then i recently got some of these .
http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/elite-24-ultra-11speed-wheelset-2024.htm

Jenkins

Legendary Member
That'll take Crud Road Racer Mk2s or SKS Race Blade Longs.

Nice choice of bike - I've got one of the early ones with SRAM.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If they will fit Sks race blade longs are much better guards than crud road racers.

I have sks on my synapse.they never give any bother.cruds I had before required constant fiddling.

Top Bottom