New bike day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Wait. It costs how much??? My full sus mountain bike cost £120!!! And you spent £120.00 on a bike without ANY Sus? Are you mad!?

Actually that reminds me of a story many years back I saw some wheels on eBay for £2300. My wife say saw my screen from a distance and asked if that was the price for both wheels or each one. I said it's for both and she said you should get those, they look great for 23 quid! No love, there's no decimal point there....:laugh:

edit typo

Last edited:

dodgy

Christ, if you're like me that must have been in your basket a looooooong time before picking up the bottle to submit!

boydj

Legendary Member
I always wanted a Campag bike after riding a Trek Emonda with Chorus for a week in Majorca a few years ago. My dream cost all of £600 for a full Chorus Wilier from eBay - in fact I was out on it this afternoon. It's a lovely bike, carbon everywhere, and probably cost several thousand pounds (or euros) when it was bought many years ago, and probably languished in a garage somewhere for most of these years. It's only 10-speed, but everything works beautifully - probably better than my reasonably recent Shimano bike.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Carbon wheels. Go on then how much does the beast weigh? Plus what’s with the disc brakes, thought you were against them on a road bike.
It weighs about 7.8 Kgs I think. The only reason I’d ever have disc brakes on a road bike, is to reduce wear on pricey rims. Which is handy, the rims I intend to buy for ‘best use’ are truly eye watering in terms of cost, so I won’t want them wearing out because of rim brakes.

Top Bottom