New Bike Fund....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spotted this enormous tin money box (that's a pound coin next to it to show scale, it then went in the tin)
Told the wife, its my best (possibly carbon) bike fund. I reckon I'll have a grand by spring 2014 and I can
buy one with no guilt or arguments about credit cards.....

IMG-20121219-00001.jpg

Aaahhh, the joys of anticipation !

Of course you will need a separate money box the size of a skip to cover the requisite accessories, clothing, bike care products, personal care products, N+1 savings fund, the buy the missus a compensatory gift fund, the unforeseen bike repair fund etc etc etc.

Luckily, my wife has fallen for the explanation that my bikes are totally self funding because I rarely buy petrol these days.:laugh:

Peteaud

Veteran
Spotted this enormous tin money box (that's a pound coin next to it to show scale, it then went in the tin)
Told the wife, its my best (possibly carbon) bike fund. I reckon I'll have a grand by spring 2014 and I can
buy one with no guilt or arguments about credit cards.....

View attachment 16467

We do the same thing, and have just booked 4 days in paris when there are lots of bikes around from the contents of said tin (or in our case very large JD bottle)

OP
OP
simon the viking
I bought her a tin (smaller though) as well so she can save for what ever she wants as well. But when there is serious money in mine I will have to start hiding the tin opener:thumbsup:

OP
OP
simon the viking
Absolutely no chance of her doing that, She has just had a Christmas bonus from work and my request of a few crisp 20's to start it off fell on deaf ears, So I'm on my own, but it will be mine all mine (until the boiler blows up a week before I try to order the bike......)

screenman

Legendary Member
I will keep my fingers crossed that does not happen to you. As for the wife thing it is all in the training.^_^

OP
OP
simon the viking
Well done! As someone else said, the joy of anticipation, instead of putting it on the plastic.
Thanks Cycleops, my current (cheapish) bike went on the plastic as I wanted it to go to work on, don't think I would get away it twice though, but I'm looking forward to saving and sense of achievement when I finally buy the next one.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ask for cash every xmas + birthday ...
Atm selling a few bits to fund some new wheels !, all depends on how much wonga i get along with the sale of a MTB on ebay , shimano r501 or mavics depending oon how good santa is to me.
Might put the cxp 22`s on the commuter as its wheels must have done a good 15,000 miles since i had it and are gettign a bit tired.

OP
OP
simon the viking
I'm not going to give you all a running commentary for the year (I'm not that dull), but I've got off to a good start. A deliberate fiver and any odd pound coins in my wallet and I'm up to £15 quid already (I don't think I've lost count yet) and I can't open it early without ruining the tin, so barring disasters, its looking good.... I might tape a picture of a Ribble and a Planet X to the tin for motivation and decide nearer the time which one.

Top Bottom