New bike, new bike, new bike, new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Nice, have fun.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I once had a BF who got a bit narky when I got a new horse. He felt that H+1 was just daft when I already had quite a lot of them. I rode horses for a living, schooled them, competed on them and sold them on at a profit. H+1 was fairly essential to my mortgage payment really.

I miss my Eddie replica :becool: I do like a bit of green (and blue and white). As someone felt-tipped in on my plaster cast. "Have a break. Have a Kwik-Kwak"

Kwik kwak...I had the A1 12r...in a gold colour..give me a green kwak anyday.
the lawson was pretty awsome..

Nice but I am biased:becool:

Fizik do a saddle(arione I think) in budgie colours:rolleyes: and other green options but they seem to be like rocking horse poo.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
@Saluki is so on trend. Look at that Ridley in Road Bike Party 3 . It even features @DCLane s green pedals (huh? you haven't seen it, don't worry the mods will be merging 34 different threads featuring it by the end of today)
I've never been 'on trend' before. I don't quite know whether to be pleased or horrified.

Just back from Islington (just a couple of miles from where Eric the PX came from) to collect a Whyte Kings Cross CX bike for Hubster. He took it around the block and was surprised how fast it is. We didn't haggle with the price, just coughed up the £260. Photos tomorrow. For now, I am shattered. That's the second trip to London in 3 days and I need a cuppa and I am not prepared to be reasonable about it.

bpsmith

Veteran
Nice but I am biased:becool:

Fizik do a saddle(arione I think) in budgie colours:rolleyes: and other green options but they seem to be like rocking horse poo.
They did the Arione in Team colours for the TdF. They weren't cheap at the time, but even more expensive now. £249 for the Celeste version for the Bianchi. Got the same model in B&W recently for £82. This was a bargain, but RRP was £140, which is significantly less than the Celeste is!

Nowhere near the same look to it though! :sad:

bikeman66

Did I mention that I had a new bike? Well I do. Have a new bike, I mean. I really like posting those words. New bike ^_^ New to me anyway.

I posted a quick pic yesterday of Eric, the new Planet X XLS Carbon CX bike. He's second hand and was originally owned by a young man who went off cycling :eek: despite his Dad buying a rather sexy bike.
Anyway, the decals were a bit naff and looked like something had rubbed up against them at the bottom, where th bike was stored, so I whipped them off today. I have replaced the bar tape with something loud and obnoxious. I know most people will hate it but I love it. I am wondering if I can find a loud, green (comfy) saddle to go with.

I was surprised how quick he is, compared to my old Spesh MTB, he handles much better too and stops really well. Pics below.:becool:
DSCF7459.jpg

DSCF7460.jpg

Showing pretty Carbon pattern. The lacquer isn't lifting, it's the way that the camera flash caught it.
DSCF7461.jpg
I actually really like the understated and stealthy look of this bike. If it were mine I'd keep it just the way it is.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I actually really like the understated and stealthy look of this bike. If it were mine I'd keep it just the way it is.
I have really fallen for the way it looks at the moment so I'm leaving it as it is. I'm planning on changing the horrible bottle cage for a nice black bit of carbon fibre though. Not this week though.

Top Bottom