new bike supplied with wrong cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got to love the days when I could swap sprockets, and not cassettes. Keep it, and get another ! Like the others have said, you might get a need. It's not a road bike with a compact and a 28 ? - That will ride up walls that will ! :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
i spun out on the new bike when on the old bike i was happy with the 50-11 combination

got to learn to spin^_^

Ohh, Spun out on 50 x 11 on a 27-28 min 10TT - you are not pedalling efficiently at all. I don't spin out on a 53 x 13 (smaller than your 50 x 11) down hill - need about 40mph to do that !

Efficient cadence is between 80 and 100 rpm. If averaging 20 mph I would expect you should be in the 50 x 17 or 16.

Really work on cadence - pedalling speed. You are grinding way too much.

Zakalwe

What cadence are you doing at the limit? 120-130 should be the upper limit to work towards, maintaining a steady 100 or so for long stretches. 130rpm in 50x12 works out to 68km/h, thats how fast Chris Hoy crosses the line in a sprint.

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
Ohh, Spun out on 50 x 11 on a 27-28 min 10TT - .
no friend
the 2nd tt i did 27.45 not 27.28 and i didnt spin out, just nearly died
on my first ride on the new bike when i was getting a few miles under my belt i thought " this bikes so much quicker than the old, i feel like i need another gear and guess what, its got one gear less.

note to self. should not get into these discussion when hammered:becool:

Top Bottom