New Bike Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
When I was a small boy the Beatles sang about being 64.
Well, that day has arrived.:wacko: Where did all those years go?
Anyway. Mrs Domus has finally taken the hint and said "It's new bike time"
So off to Ribble to order a road bike.
The Ridley I hired in Mallorca was soooo much better to ride than my Ribble CR1

Going to look at the Ribble Gran Fondo with Ultrgra. The Ridley had Ultegra and the brakes were so much better than my CR1s Tektro ones. Happy Birthday to me :hyper:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Congrats. I should look at a few more options, doing the research is most of the fun I find.

If you want really great braking you should look at discs.

IBarrett

Über Member
Happy Birthday and enjoy the hunt for a new steed - its a nice looking bike the Ribble GF.
If its any help I upgraded my Giant brakes from Tekro to 105 and they were a massive improvement too, so don't necessarily discount 105.

Sharky

Guru
Coincidence you should mention that Beatles song.

When my GF, now my wife was 17, I played her the "She was just 17" song. Also played it for my daughters when they reached that age. Now in a couple of weeks, I will be playing "when I'm 64" to her.

Wish you many happy miles on your new bike

Slick

Guru
Happy birthday and congratulations on new bike day. A very happy day indeed whatever age you are.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I'm 60 next year and am hoping (ie planning) the same, if I leave it until I'm 64 don't think I'll be fit enough to get me leg over the saddle!

Enjoy your n+1!

Alan O

Über Member
HB and HNB (Happy Birthday and Happy New Bike)

OP
OP
Domus

Domus

Guru
Ribble Sportive Racing Black ordered today, full Ultegra and Mavic Ksyrium wheels. It's all black with a couple of red flashes on the wheel stays,
so specced red bar tape to finish. Mmmmmmmm hope to collect on the 16th. :hyper:

Whilst in the showroom Mrs Domus spotted a red Castelli jersey on offer. Never squeezed into a Castelli before.............but it fits so she added that to the package. Proper birthday :birthday:

Slick

Guru
Ribble Sportive Racing Black ordered today, full Ultegra and Mavic Ksyrium wheels. It's all black with a couple of red flashes on the wheel stays,
so specced red bar tape to finish. Mmmmmmmm hope to collect on the 16th. :hyper:

Whilst in the showroom Mrs Domus spotted a red Castelli jersey on offer. Never squeezed into a Castelli before.............but it fits so she added that to the package. Proper birthday :birthday:
There will be some who will question your wisdom on colour choice but who really cared. Happy New bike day when it arrives.

The castelli thing was just showing off. :laugh:

Top Bottom