New bike upgrades ....... why ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Im not saying a word :whistle:

Kajjal

Guru
My last two bikes have just had the saddle and once worn out tyres changes.

My bike prior to that had the groupset upgraded as I got it brand new at a very low price. The brakes were much better but the rest margin if I am honest.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Nothing wrong with putting a clooney groupo on a pesci frame

If the pesci frame fits, its comfortable and you like it, then whos to say what groupo can go on it other than the owner.............typical bike/groupo snob

the snail

Guru
Because most people choose their bikes from a brochure instead of test riding them, and when the do eventually manage a few miles they find them unsatisfactory and have to tinker?
Call me a cynic if you like, but I don't think it's because the components are unsatisfactory, it's all about marketing, which convinces people that they are somehow a failure if their derailleur says tiagra on it instead of 105 or whatever, and other people will think they're a better person if they have fancy logos on their kit. It's their money isn't it? So if it gives them the illusion of happiness for a bit, why not?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
casamigos.jpg

bpsmith

Veteran
Call me a cynic if you like, but I don't think it's because the components are unsatisfactory, it's all about marketing, which convinces people that they are somehow a failure if their derailleur says tiagra on it instead of 105 or whatever, and other people will think they're a better person if they have fancy logos on their kit. It's their money isn't it? So if it gives them the illusion of happiness for a bit, why not?
If posting ultra cynical posts on forums gives you the same illusion of happiness then good luck to you too ;)

Drago

Legendary Member

If they want to do it, they can go nuts for all I care. It's when they start getting all prattish, smug and superior about it that grinds my gears.

Top Bottom