New bike - who to trust with it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Alas the lady in finance that sorts the c2w was off until mid week, so it's only just gone through :cry:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :angry:
So I'm exercising a bit of patience and finishing the Xmas beers off in the mean time.
:cheers:
How is your new shiv going?
I'll tell you in a second , just got back from Hillingdon circuit after a ten mile test run .

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
26 seconds faster over 10 miles than last week ^_^
I'm trying out the Fizik Tritone on it at the moment and think I may invest in one .

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Never had a problem with Yodel and bikes. I have a feeling the usual driver in my area is a cyclist of some sort also, (which may or may not influence his treatment of bike sized boxes)

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
26 seconds faster over 10 miles than last week ^_^
I'm trying out the Fizik Tritone on it at the moment and think I may invest in one .

I've been running an ism prologue on my road bike with clip ons, proper comfy and it doesn't feel like I'm crushing peter and the twins when I'm on the aero bars.

Think I'll invest when the tt bike arrives.

Bit pricey, I think this is gonna get expensive :eek:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I've been running an ism prologue on my road bike with clip ons, proper comfy and it doesn't feel like I'm crushing peter and the twins when I'm on the aero bars.

Think I'll invest when the tt bike arrives.

Bit pricey, I think this is gonna get expensive :eek:
:laugh: I think you're right !
I'm not sure you will enjoy commuting on a TT bike after my little trip out today . Its about 5 miles to the park from me and although I used back roads and its a sunday there where a fair few cars around . I ended up riding the bike as a fixed most of the time so I could keep the brakes covered .
I wouldn't want to be riding it in busy traffic but then I am in London so you may not have the same amount of traffic where you are .
Other than that the bike is just bonkers :hyper: Have you ever ridden one before ?
They are fast ! You're going to love it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

:laugh: I think you're right !
I'm not sure you will enjoy commuting on a TT bike after my little trip out today . Its about 5 miles to the park from me and although I used back roads and its a sunday there where a fair few cars around . I ended up riding the bike as a fixed most of the time so I could keep the brakes covered .
I wouldn't want to be riding it in busy traffic but then I am in London so you may not have the same amount of traffic where you are .
Other than that the bike is just bonkers :hyper: Have you ever ridden one before ?
They are fast ! You're going to love it :thumbsup:

Riding my roadies with clip ons is the closest I've got, I'm blimmin looking forward to it now and a bit jealous of you, :laugh:

Thankfully my commute is a little more rural than London. I rode up from the elephant and castle area to the start of the London to brighton night ride last year :eek:, that was an experience...

My commute is mainly along some wide A roads with only two towns to speak of luckily. When I've commuted on the roadies, I've managed to stay on the clip on skis for the non 'urban' bits. In fact last week I saw a guy going the other way on the same road on the aero bars on an mtb with full panniers.

What were your average speeds btw? Is it significantly faster than a road bike over the same ride?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I would say its nothing like a roadie with clip on bars ( i've also had those ) Its a much nicer position and ride .
Speeds are a tough one as riding has dropped off a bit over winter compared to the summer so my fitness is down . I've also only had it a week and my garmin has done a fart today so I cant compare the rides today to those on my normal routes .
The only data I have is from Hillingdon track but wind has been in play a lot so that's also not a very good comparison but I have shaved 2mins 30 seconds + over ten miles just by changing the bike . The times are getting better everytime I go out with tweaking and also my fitness is getting better as I'm riding more .
One thing I have noticed is head winds are not as bad as they are on the roadie . I hit a nasty one today in the park and thought " here we go " but ended up laughing at it as it wasn't a big problem .
I never thought I would say that about a head wind !
It feels a lot faster and downhills are nuts ! Up hill was the data I wanted to see for todays ride as I struggled with my gears while having to stand up and give it some . Again I think that's to do with fitness though as I can normally sit down on the hills I did today . Also everything is new so youre bound to get it wrong a few times .

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

I would say its nothing like a roadie with clip on bars ( i've also had those ) Its a much nicer position and ride .
Speeds are a tough one as riding has dropped off a bit over winter compared to the summer so my fitness is down . I've also only had it a week and my garmin has done a fart today so I cant compare the rides today to those on my normal routes .
The only data I have is from Hillingdon track but wind has been in play a lot so that's also not a very good comparison but I have shaved 2mins 30 seconds + over ten miles just by changing the bike . The times are getting better everytime I go out with tweaking and also my fitness is getting better as I'm riding more .
One thing I have noticed is head winds are not as bad as they are on the roadie . I hit a nasty one today in the park and thought " here we go " but ended up laughing at it as it wasn't a big problem .
I never thought I would say that about a head wind !
It feels a lot faster and downhills are nuts ! Up hill was the data I wanted to see for todays ride as I struggled with my gears while having to stand up and give it some . Again I think that's to do with fitness though as I can normally sit down on the hills I did today . Also everything is new so youre bound to get it wrong a few times .

2.5 mins over a ten :dance: Just from changing the bike.

That is gonna shave my pb down to what I wanted for this year straight away.

I'll stop the sufferfest plan and the core work now then :heat: get back to the Guinness!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
2.5 mins over a ten :dance: Just from changing the bike.

That is gonna shave my pb down to what I wanted for this year straight away.

I'll stop the sufferfest plan and the core work now then :heat: get back to the Guinness!

I wanted my time down by two minutes and expected it to take a few months but I managed it straight away . I don't feel like I gave it any extra effort although I could have done without knowing it . New bike and all that .
I've been on the bike every day since I got it be it the turbo or out riding as I now want another two minutes off my time !
When you look at some of the times for ten miles you realise you need to keep up the hard work . Not sure its enough to stay off the Guinness though ^_^

MikeonaBike

Cheers @screenman, I didn't think about the fit. I'll give them a ring in he morning and see if they mind.

Plus I can get a bonus McDonald's breakfast on the way up! This clearly is a small slice of how the other half live.

OMG, McSh*t breakfast! Just eat some cardboard, it will be better for you. I cannot understand why anybody eats that rubbish.

Top Bottom