New Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Should be here Tomorrow or Thursday :biggrin:

I cant believe at 42 years of age im so excited about getting a new Bike ;) but the seller text me this morning to say that he's posted it today

Now i just have to get used to Skinny Wheels ;) and spd's

It's a Cannondale Synapse bought from on here ... i have'nt got any pics of my own yet but here are the one's from the guy selling it

Synapse.jpg

Synapse2.jpg

Synapse3.jpg

Simon (did i mention i was excited?)

Looks very tasty, JD!

Stealth-like.

Enjoy. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
I have'nt been this excited about a new bike since i got my Raliegh Grifter 30 years ago :biggrin:

Maybe its because this is my first venture into a more road orientated bike ?

Simon

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
Alembicbassman said:
Those wheels/tyres look like 700c/35 not that skinny.

SPDs become second nature after a couple of falls.

After 20 years on MTB tyres ... they are skinny lol

The seller did say that he'd put wider tyres on for winter/canal path riding and did offer to put the original skinnys back on but for the kind of riding i'l be doing i prefer to have the wider one's on

Simon

Crankarm

Guru
It is indeed nice. I can see why you are excited. Are those 26" wheels or do they give that illusion actually being shod with fatter 32C tyres on 700C wheels?

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
Crankarm ... it is an illusion, 700c wheels with the wider tyres on

Well it did'nt arrive today :tongue: so i'l be waiting to ambush the courier in the morning ... luckily i dont have any work booked in for the morning but i do have a run up to heathrow in the afternoon so i'm praying it arrives early so that i can have a spin on it

Simon

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
It has'nt arrived :smile:

The seller posted it to me on tuesday morning and even paid extra to have it delivered within 48 hours, but good old Parcel Farce have cocked up big time and it wont be here untill Monday now

Simon

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
Hi Crankarm ... yes i have the tracking No and i rang parcel force

Parcel force have admitted that the error is theirs and appologised, and told me to contact the seller to put in a claim for compensation

Simon

Crankarm

Guru
Well at least it is on it's way. Strange PF told you that. I purchased an item a few years ago that was sent by PF 48 which of course did not arrive in 48 hours. I claimed from PF myself and got a refund which took about 3 weeks. The seller wasn't interested in claiming on my behalf despite me paying the postage for him to send it.

The reason I suggested the tracking number is because if you put it into their website tracking service, you can actually see where it has reached in it's journey to you. It will pass through a series of distribution hubs. Calling PF is an 0870 number isn't it up to 10p a min. (£££££).

Have PF given you any indication of when you will receive your bike? PF really are pants. When you do receive it, sign for as "unchecked" as if it is damaged and you don't they will then maintain that the damage was not down to them. I had so many customers at work who had this happen to them where PF was refusing to pay out saying damage wasn't down to them. It cost us such a lot to replace our customers' damaged items. PF unsurprisingly subsequently lost the contract with us.

Top Bottom