New Brompton ... here's the problem I didn't think of ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yeah, except the bloomin' thing is pretty bulky. If I know I'm intending to catch the tram in Manchester I pack it but the rest of the time I don't. I should really get round to stuffing a bin bag somewhere for cases like this.
Fits under a Brooks saddle or can be strapped to the "top tube" or seat post.

Fits under a Brooks saddle or can be strapped to the "top tube" or seat post.
Yeah, I suppose if I invested in some straps for it and made a point of folding it down small as it can go each time I use it it would be better. It's amazing how small it is before you use it the first time...

StuartG

slower but further
I've trained my local stores to welcome my Brommie (Lidl & Co-op take a bow). They now get upset if I turn up without it.

I have the 'shopping bag' and eazy-wheels. Complete fold on entry. Pull round the store by the shopping bag frame handle so don't need to take a basket. Very smooth. Just fill the shopping bag as you go round, empty at the till, pay and refill. No 5p bag charges. Simple and fast and ensures you don't buy too much. But if any of you are looking to market a niche product - a baguette holder that fits on the block and doesn't bend the baguette on the fold would be very nice ...

Top Bottom