New Cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2Loose

Guru
Thread resurrection because it appears that Shimano are finally flogging reasonably priced Tiagra 9spd 12-27 cassettes, instead of just the 50quid Ultegra ones nowadays.

I wished they had been when this thread was in full flow, but for that price I'll be getting one to go with my next chain.

PpPete

Legendary Member
That is indeed excellent news !
Good spot that man...

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
I spotted that too the other day 2loose, am hoping it's not an error as I haven't seen anyone else selling that ratio anywhere.
The fact they have no stock in makes me wonder, have set up an Email alert for it and will buy one myself if it's correct :thumbsup:

2Loose

Guru
I spotted that too the other day 2loose, am hoping it's not an error as I haven't seen anyone else selling that ratio anywhere.
The fact they have no stock in makes me wonder, have set up an Email alert for it and will buy one myself if it's correct :thumbsup:

I really hope so too. I could really do with the 2 extra teeth for the return leg of my Notts / Cambridge ride in August if last year was anything to judge by! <crossing fingers>

I have tiagra 12 - 25 and I'm not ready for a new one yet - however I'm impressed with that price. I expected a new cassette to be a major investment! I quite fancy trying an 11 cog.

2Loose

Guru
Grrr, at least it hasn't disappeared though.

On the bright side, that date is a little closer to when I'll actually need it.
rolleyes.gif

2Loose

Guru
My Tiagra changer copes with 11-34.

That must depend on the shape of the drop outs and placement of the hanger surely?
Shimano say max 27T, but I know that is a very safe max, but even so..34T, sheesh, thats MTB mech territory!

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Not compatible .... recent posts have been discussing 9 speed.

And more than twice the price
ohmy.gif

Not in any rush now for a new one, just that the one we are waiting for is a bargain at £15, it would also give me a slightly lower gear still, and as you know I need all the help I can get :biggrin:

Top Bottom