New Commuter Hub in Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Folks

We are opening a new commuter cycling hub in Glasgow with good quality bike parking with maintenance, servicing etc. while you are at work, showers, laundry, a great cafe that does packed lunches, all on a swipecard system so you can get in and out when you like.

To get an idea of what we will look like, go to www.cycle2city.com.au for a look - we will be aiming for the same standard for us all in this poor weather!

What do you think?

Commuter Hub ;)

top-tube

Über Member
Looks fantastic, and a great way to encourage cycle commuting amongst those whose employers don't have facilities. When will you have more details on location/costs/facilities?

cannondale boy

Über Member
This would be a great idea in all major cities like glasgow, edinburgh, london, etc. I would certainly pay to use the facilities, but i hope its not going to be based on the commuter that uses the base all the time, it should be a free for all as i do pop into the city centre (edinburgh) atleast twice a week by bike. I am sometimes wary of where i lock my bike and i can be a bit sweaty after a long ride, but if it ever happens i will be first to use a cycle garage, bring it on i say.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very good for occasional visitors - blooming brill, and I'd pay..... but not for everyday, as employers can offer something cheap to staff...or should do...

We now have parking charges though (never affected me, but the uproar.....), a new shower, and a locker - yes I have...but, the bike shed is open to all, so I cart my bike upstairs.....

garrilla

Landslide said:

Thank you :smile:

OP
OP
C

Commuter Hub West

Thanks a lot for the feedback folks, and keep it coming - the more feedback we get the more we will make it meet your needs.

If Glasgow works, we WILL open in Edinburgh - to be honest, Edinburgh would be easier to do first, but I really want to do Glasgow.

Whilst we will be doing season tickets etc. there WILL be space for pay as you go customers.

I think it's unlikely that we can do this on these subscriptions alone, so there will be more product around, like a quality shop with stuff you can't get at Dales or Evans or Alpine, the cafe will be pretty original in the way it will work, and we will be doing more to support the overall revenue

What interests me is what you would think is a fair price?

WeeE

bike-boot for shoppers

Bike parking - how about a "secure bike boot" facility for shoppers?

It'd be great if you could come back and put some groceries in your panniers and go off again, knowing your stuff's at least a secure as it would be in a car boot - but without having to check the bike out and back in again.

You'll have to price competitively, mind - Glaswegians aren't going to pay for bike parking unless it's a lot cheaper than taking the bus! ;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Coco said:
Interesting article, must come along to a CC ride to chat further on it.

cheers

Sadly I would be able to make the next CC ride, you could always leave a comment on the blog or use the contact form and I will get back to you... ;)

Top Bottom