New Decathlon store opening in Croydon Thursday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where are you? As Blue Hills has already pointed out, it is next to a tube station served by two lines, both of which cross the river. Numerous buses stop there also. By London standards it is incredibly easy to access. Much better served than the new one in Croydon.
Yes, agree - even has its own bus station. Maybe the poster doesn't like public transport or pedals for day to day stuff.

I vaguely remember the nottingham one from my time up that way - typical just off a major road jobby.

screenman

Legendary Member
Certain shades of the ukip person with the medication thingy but if you thought it had owt to do with mods i'll let you off in a christmassy spirit. Happy new chav free year.

Thank you, tell me out of interest do you go north often? If not a trip up to Long Eaton may enlighten you.

As for UKIP, I am not supportive.

Last edited:
Didn't say or mean to imply that you were a ukip supporter screenman - i was referring to the ukip bod who "mis-spoke" the other day and then resigned.

As for venturing north, i lived in nottingham for a while and have been to the sortof nottingham decathlon.

I have been to Long Eaton, Ilkeston etc etc.

I am From the north and go back quite often - my avatar is a reference to a childhood sooty show on a Blackpool pier.

(Showing my age)

All the best, merry christmas, happy new year.

vickster

Legendary Member
Where are you? As Blue Hills has already pointed out, it is next to a tube station served by two lines, both of which cross the river. Numerous buses stop there also. By London standards it is incredibly easy to access. Much better served than the new one in Croydon.
Think he lives in sidcup or similar. Purley way is not that easy on public transport as suggested (the tram link isn't too far away)

vickster

Legendary Member
Went here today, lovely and empty, loads of parking. Bit of a pain turning across the A23 (be ok coming from the North side) as it's not a light controlled junction but can't really grumble!!

markharry66

Über Member

Might well be served well with tube line. But to get to the tube is a mission. Most of the trains on my line are not direct to new cross or fast.
Its not far but a long round trip. Normally I cycle there to be honest. I am glad Croydon has opened as this is not so much of a mission to get to.

vickster

Legendary Member
Me? I live in sutton and have a car, it's a 20 minute drive

Can't you get to London Bridge or Waterloo East and then to Canada water by jubilee line?

Top Bottom