New Decathlon store opening in Croydon Thursday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Their reply ....
"Thank you for contacting us. Sorry for this inconvenience. Decathlon is currently expanding, so we will open a store there in the long term. However, at the moment we cannot provide you with the exact date, since the plans are not yet confirmed.
Have a nice day!"

That's Decathlon through and through :laugh:. They do what they do, if you don't like it, balls.

OP
OP
themosquitoking
Speaking of which, the Canada Water/Surrey Quays shop is apparently going to end up in one store instead of two. Their coffee shop (cheap okish espressos) was the first thing to go.
They did have an awful lot of rucksacks and canoes in one of the shops, far too many for South London i always thought.

There are some weird things on the decathlon site for London locations.

There's an Old Street store, apparently.
Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 22.32.51.jpg
As far as I can tell, Unit 3 is a pop-store temp location. So not sure it that's real, temporary or already gone.

Also, they are listing a new Harlow location with a real address and postcode (CM20 2DA) but with this map
Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 22.39.45.jpg
so that's good news for @Cycleops, very close to him :smile:

sgl5gjr

We had a new Decathlon store open in Harlow last week and I made my first visit yesterday. They certainly have a good range of products. Only problems were no staff around to ask advice of, and although they have several checkouts only one was manned and I had to queue for a fair while to make my purchase.

Well Harlow is easier to get to for me than Coventry........ oh wait a minute.... I will still have to negotiate the A14 and M11...... makes Coventry still my store of choice...

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We had a new Decathlon store open in Harlow last week and I made my first visit yesterday. They certainly have a good range of products. Only problems were no staff around to ask advice of, and although they have several checkouts only one was manned and I had to queue for a fair while to make my purchase.
I wonder if they might be considering hiring some older experienced cyclist to staff the store?

Speaking of which, the Canada Water/Surrey Quays shop is apparently going to end up in one store instead of two. Their coffee shop (cheap okish espressos) was the first thing to go.
So will they sell less stuff?

I do remember that they had separate policies on letting me wheel my brommie in.

Fine in the bike bit, not allowed in the other bit.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
So will they sell less stuff?

I do remember that they had separate policies on letting me wheel my brommie in.

Fine in the bike bit, not allowed in the other bit.
I've no idea - if they're moving everything next door, they wouldn't have to shut the café until everything was out but that appears to have gone early in the proceedings. I'd guess that they'll expand the non-cycling part to the north (away from the water) so that it can accommodate the bikes in there and give up the other building. But their bikes take up quite a bit of space.....

Top Bottom