New EBike report.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Z

zak3737

Über Member
Lovely! £6K is a lot of money ...... I'm waiting for my Gain at the moment, I think the deciding factor was the (relatvely) low price. I'm sure you are right, there will be lots of road e-bikes available soon, but unless the prices are lower it will remain a somewhat niche market. Maybe as many buying them have health issues there should be an e-bike on prescription scheme - free of course to those over 65 ^_^

I was impressed with the Gain, you'll have a blast tbh. And it IS the most reasonable entry to the concept of a 'road looking' Ebike.....

OP
OP
Z

zak3737

Über Member
The Nytro isnt illegal - its just a European law that ALL Ebikes are limited to 25kpm Max assistance, and then the motor/assistance stops, and it does !
The Giant has a 500W battery I understand ......

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Nytro isnt illegal - its just a European law that ALL Ebikes are limited to 25kpm Max assistance, and then the motor/assistance stops, and it does !

Careful not to confuse battery capacity with motor rating.

The Giant battery is 500 watt hours.

That's a measure of capacity and there's no legal limit for that - you could have a bigger battery or carry two.

Motor ratings are in watts, the legal limit there is 250, but as I say, measuring the wattage of a motor is not straightforward.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
That'd be naughty wouldnt it........ but I aint a Strava warrior
Neither am I, but if I had an electric bike...:okay:

the snail

Guru
Isn't there an issue in NI with ebikes effectively classed as mopeds, needing insurance etc?

OP
OP
Z

zak3737

Über Member
Thx for likes fella's, it is a super machine. I'm in the dog house big style with the Mrs......but I like to work on the basis that forgiveness is easier to get than permission ! :becool:

Attachments

• IMG_6945.JPG
    IMG_6945.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6946.JPG
    IMG_6946.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6947.JPG
    IMG_6947.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6948.JPG
    IMG_6948.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 81
That’s beautiful!
Too many £s for me, but I agree that this will become much more popular. My OH has a Cube e-My5, we’ve just been on the South Downs, which she would never have achieved without pedal assist. This has meant that we both get to enjoy these locations together, and I get a decent workout keeping up with her!
It’s horses for course, and whilst I sometimes think I need one, I won’t get one.... yet!

Top Bottom