New Forest Off Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

viper

Hi

Havnt ridden a bike since the 90s, 20 odd tears ago, im sure the bike i had then was called a Falcon .
So decided to buy another MTB when a few guys at work were talking about off roading in the New Forest .( Bought a Diamond Back Outlook , Seems good to me)

Started Saturday at Bolderwood carpark around 9 ish traveled 15 .1 miles ,up and down hills, through bogs , ferns, branches you name it we went thrugh it, had a couple of stops to look round, places like the snake pit and a few other things of interest , i was the only one to get a puncture (out of 8 of us ), but fair play to the others they fixed it for me , dont get me wrong i could have done it ,but it seemed they all wanted a hand in fixing my puncture , Oh and a branch went through the Draliers and took the chain off ,no problem just an inconvenance .

Realy fantastic morning out , out of the 15 miles less than 1 mile was on the road, downside , slightly sore ass but no aches or pains.

As the Forest is only 15 mins away by car ,ill probably start going their on my own in the evenings as well now , Caught the bug me thinks

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Hi

Havnt ridden a bike since the 90s, 20 odd tears ago, im sure the bike i had then was called a Falcon .
So decided to buy another MTB when a few guys at work were talking about off roading in the New Forest .( Bought a Diamond Back Outlook , Seems good to me)

Started Saturday at Bolderwood carpark around 9 ish traveled 15 .1 miles ,up and down hills, through bogs , ferns, branches you name it we went thrugh it, had a couple of stops to look round, places like the snake pit and a few other things of interest , i was the only one to get a puncture (out of 8 of us ), but fair play to the others they fixed it for me , dont get me wrong i could have done it ,but it seemed they all wanted a hand in fixing my puncture , Oh and a branch went through the Draliers and took the chain off ,no problem just an inconvenance .

Realy fantastic morning out , out of the 15 miles less than 1 mile was on the road, downside , slightly sore ass but no aches or pains.

As the Forest is only 15 mins away by car ,ill probably start going their on my own in the evenings as well now , Caught the bug me thinks

Well done, good stuff :thumbsup:

I like riding in the New Forest. Considering it's location, and how busy it gets, there are some amazingly desolate, scenic rides to be had there B)

Top Bottom