New forummer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

laertes

Hello, I'm Laertes.

I joined C+ a few months ago, mainly because of the "Richmond Park Challenge" in the Ride section, but then found lots of interesting stuff, and help, in the Beginners and Know How section, as well as Cake Stop. I am rather more familiar with Mr Hippo's new mathematical theories than I would want to be.

I'm 40, a plastic paddy (born in London after generations of Irish). I am married to a French woman and we have one son, who is 3 and still on stabilizers. I run my own business as a management consultant, mostly trying to help the government to avoid turning everything they do into a gigantic waste of money and effort.

I cannot face the complex logistics of commuting into central London and then looking nicely pressed in suits and ties, so I ride a hybrid around Richmond Park and environs of an evening, very slowly, and usually in the dark, after my wife and son have gone to bed.

The "RP challenge" of which I was the bedrock (crueller people say slowest) seems to be staying "in the other place" so I will be over there too, and occasionally posting here too.

See you around
Laertes

TimO

Guru
Hi I'm Tim (which you may have guessed by my oh so cryptic username). I work at Imperial College in South Kensington (London) as a Spacecraft Operations Engineer, which means I design, build and operate scientific instrumentation on various Earth orbiting and Heliospheric space missions.

This means I'm a mixture of Electronics and Software Engineer, and occasionally impersonate a System Administrator, ie I'm a geek. :?:

Anyway, I've been a keen cycle tourist, recumbent cyclist, and even occasionally racer, but only really commute these days, due to my only servicable bike being a Brompton folder, that will fit into my too small flat.

I'm also another evacuee from C+, I can't say I have any fall-outs over BR, but this place just seems more comfortable and friendly. I always feel a little self-conscious in a forum run by a commercial organisation, whose lack of independence may mean they dislike and could censor certain elements. It seems I may have been right. :?:

trio25

Über Member
Well I found my way here from Cyclingplus as well. Never posted loads but could be found lucking round the commuting section a lot. All my biking tends to be commuting or off-road but doing my first long road ride at the weekend.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hiya, I’m the Hairy Jock, I’m an other asylum seeker that just recently come over from the dark side (although I do still sneak back in there occasionally), C+ RIP . Every day transport is a Norco hybrid and when in the Alps I ride a Rocky Mountain Element MTB, sometimes up ski tracks…

Hi there, I'm, errrr, trusty, and my name comes from the faithful commuter I ride to work on.

I got into road riding last year, just on my own out in the country but have kind of lost interest since I made the mistake of dabbling in off-road and fractured my collarbone on the 1st April this year! So now I just lurk on the forum (transferred from C+) enjoying the mirth and banter.

I can usually be relied on to push the envelope of taste and fill in any of the innuendo opportunities that Fnaar misses out! :eek:

Hi all,

I'm Morrisette, I do a bus-or-train-then-bike commute on a beater (well I am in Cambridge, land of the rusty student bike, so it looks like quite a good bike but take it 'up London' and put it next to all those carbon beasts...it's a beater).

Yet another C+ refugee, didn't have a high post count there though.... originally I joined to ask about folders, and then I stayed.

Hello anyway!

M.

And

Fun sponge
Hello, I'm And, real name And.

I work for a large manufacturer of aeroplane engines in the Derby region (yes, I know how much aerospace contribute to CO2 emissions).

I tend to lurk rather than post as I travel quite a lot with work (back to CO2) and miss whole topics.

I'm just getting motivated again after a lay off the bikes - 3 Mercians (2 in bits), 1 Scott (in bits), 1 Holdsworth, 1 Cannondale MTB and 1 Whyte MTB.

My favorite hobbies are making models of Mr. Men from earwax and watching Arch and Patrick flirt.

Domeo

I'm also a former C+ er. I'm loathe to use the term refugee. I was with C+ pretty much from day one, although lurking more than posting. Nice to see all the familiar users here. It also nice to see that one individual hasn't found this place yet!

laertes said:
Hello, I'm Laertes.

I joined C+ a few months ago, mainly because of the "Richmond Park Challenge" in the Ride section, but then found lots of interesting stuff, and help, in the Beginners and Know How section, as well as Cake Stop. I am rather more familiar with Mr Hippo's new mathematical theories than I would want to be.

I'm 40, a plastic paddy (born in London after generations of Irish). I am married to a French woman and we have one son, who is 3 and still on stabilizers. I run my own business as a management consultant, mostly trying to help the government to avoid turning everything they do into a gigantic waste of money and effort.

I cannot face the complex logistics of commuting into central London and then looking nicely pressed in suits and ties, so I ride a hybrid around Richmond Park and environs of an evening, very slowly, and usually in the dark, after my wife and son have gone to bed.

The "RP challenge" of which I was the bedrock (crueller people say slowest) seems to be staying "in the other place" so I will be over there too, and occasionally posting here too.

See you around
Laertes

Ha! Fatal error - married to a Frenchwoman eh?
Me also - no children between us but three altogether!
Son. Going to work at Linklaters soon.
S/Daughter 1 lives in Italy - TEFL
S/Daughter 2 Leeds Uni - French/ teaching etc
Mrs Aperitif - Heathrow - bossing people about (trancends into home life which is why so many Frenchmen love cycling )
Moi: London. :eek: All my working life...design, work, crush, delay....
I do the Richmond Park challenge also, although I would rather meet the people than be challenged! :blush:

Tony

spen666 said:
Apparently I need no introduction to many

Allegedly.....

I am another multifloral individual, and commute and tour rather than anything silly (apart from the odd Audax frippery). I am now oilfree.
I like poking monkeys with poyn-ted sticks, but tend to restrict myself to the CP site for that. Those who have met me enthuse about my silkem pedalling style and my flashing-eyed masculine beauty.
Or not.....

And I've hugged Arch. She's cute and ickle.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I went on a 5 week cycle tour and when I came back there was nobody at home. It's taken me a little while to find my way here (about as long as it took me to cycle across Luxemburg)!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tony][quote=spen666 said:
Apparently I need no introduction to many

Allegedly.....

I am another multifloral individual, and commute and tour rather than anything silly (apart from the odd Audax frippery). I am now oilfree.
I like poking monkeys with poyn-ted sticks, but tend to restrict myself to the CP site for that. Those who have met me enthuse about my silkem pedalling style and my flashing-eyed masculine beauty.
Or not.....

And I've hugged Arch. She's cute and ickle.[/quote]

And recovering from broken ribs. That man sure has a hug on him!

Hey rich p! Hello! Good to see you!

Do you want 'that' photo for your avatar? :eek:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thanks Arch, I thought I told you to destroy the negatives! I think I'll try and find something a bit more flattering! A burkah perhaps.

Pete

Better follow the lead and put my splodge down here, hadn't I? Some of you folks will have already come across me, no doubt to their dismay and my enlightenment. Ho hum. I should, however, point out that I am not a Cyclingplus/bikeradar refugee. I departed that place, amicably, a long time before the latest goings-on.

Top Bottom