New forummer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Hi, I'm Blue.

I'm a retired teacher and cycle for fitness and fun. I ride road only and currently manage about 150-160 miles per week spread over 5 outings on my local country roads. I don't belong to a club or training group.

I mainly use forums to try to learn about cycling and cycling equipment but also like to join in the odd debate now and then.

Hi, I'm another refugee from the new (and unfortunately not improved) Bike Radar site. Used to be quite happy with C+ and WMB, but it seems to have all gone a bit pearshaped. :rolleyes:

Used to be punkypossum on both sites, so a lot of you will probably already know me. Only found out about this forum today, and it looks like there has been a bit of a mass-migration, so apologies to all the old timers if it feels a bit like a takeover - take it as a compliment, people clearly like the forum! :blush:

rshall

Morning!

Lurker from C+, named Rich. I work offshore, currently on nightshift, but someone has too :rolleyes: . Don't commute as would take too long and I can't ride under water for 70 miles :blush: !

Don't do as much cyling as I like due to my wife, lively two year old daughter and even more lively 6 month old English Springer Spaniel called 'Milo' (Easy name for my daughter to say!)

Have four bikes at the moment, Giant road bike which needs new transmission, Giant MTB which needs using, Old Raleigh thing converted to single speed which is fun and a 90's Unvega MTB for shopping duties. Soon to retrieve old Sun Manxman from parents when I have enough space!

Brock

How very civilised!

Hello, I'm Brock.
I'm 35, ride a tatty claud tourer on cycle camping tours with my good lady, to the offlicense or pub and the five miles to and from work every day since I gave up the car a year ago.
I still have no baby elephant but I'd like to stroke Arch's.

redcogs

Guru
i come to rabble-rouse. i cycle to maintain a degree of aerobic fitness, and for the sheer joy. Often to be found along coastal routes in Banffshire, riding a Rohloff equipped red Thorn Raven.

So far, the company has a familiar feel, not unlike old shoes. One of the delights of life really. i expect i shall mainly inhabit soapbox. If we have not met previously.. Hiya. :blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Hello people, I've come here from C+ I was new there but liked it quite a lot. :rolleyes: This place is very easy on the eye though :blush:

Me? 3 bikes - a Madone di Campiglio (Fondriest) an Edge (Dawes MTB) and a sirrus. I commute daily and ride for pleasure. I have done triathlons on the racer though. My bikes are my only method of transport.

I work with my hands making stuff and when not cycling I'm walking the dog.

That's all I'm willing to bore you with for now. See you about eh?

Slim

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
backgammon, eh? Fancy a game on the net sometime Slim?

I don't really get that much time for internet backgammon anymore. I used to play quite a bit when I worked night shifts a while back. Anyway, it's not the same without the rattle of the dice (please tell me you use a wooden board :blush: ) the banter and the beer.

Slim][quote name= said:
I don't really get that much time for internet backgammon anymore. I used to play quite a bit when I worked night shifts a while back. Anyway, it's not the same without the rattle of the dice (please tell me you use a wooden board :blush: ) the banter and the beer.

No, that's true. I played a lot in Greece when I was on holiday and it was great. They play so aggresively and fast over there!

Gavin Gilbert

If you insist on being formal :blush:

I'm a reformed wannabie rock n'roller, with a mountaineering background who took up cycling to commute to work and found it took over my life.

Until the end of last year I was a committed Audax rider and long-distance tester until all manner of crappy circumstances combined and I stuck 2 fingers up at the whole thing. Almost hung up my wheels for good :rolleyes:

After a short break I'm remotivated, have joined a new club (the Archer RC) and I'm mostly riding sportif and short course TT's. Other cycling interests include restoring vintage lightweight cycles (late 30's through to the mid 50's).

Based in Ealing, a suburb of Warsaw and work in the City translating insurance speak into geek and visa versa.

dub-no-bass

Hello, Kathryn here.
Another refugee from C+, though I never really posted enough to be noticed by anybody. I also had to change my username because my e-mail programme bounced my first attempt at registration so I've locked myself out of my old username, boo.

I'm not a roadie, I'm a commuter (it's not sport it's transport) and occasional MTB-er (though what type of MTB-ing, I haven't worked out - what do you call it when it's mostly through woods and country parks with the odd crash into a puddle of mud?)

I can't get comfy on Bikeradar, it's just too soul-less. This place seems nicer :blush:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
dub-no-bass said:
Hello, Kathryn here.
Another refugee from C+, though I never really posted enough to be noticed by anybody. I also had to change my username because my e-mail programme bounced my first attempt at registration so I've locked myself out of my old username, boo.

I'm not a roadie, I'm a commuter (it's not sport it's transport) and occasional MTB-er (though what type of MTB-ing, I haven't worked out - what do you call it when it's mostly through woods and country parks with the odd crash into a puddle of mud?)

I can't get comfy on Bikeradar, it's just too soul-less. This place seems nicer :thumbsup:
well i noticed :rolleyes: any chance next time you're on bike radar you could get cyclinggirl and some of the other ladies to rejoin us? welcome on board ma'am :blush:

Slim

Über Member
I played a lot in Greece when I was on holiday and it was great. They play so aggresively and fast over there!

My background is Cypriot so I play the same way. Unnerves my colleagues but they get their own back by counting out the points as they move the pieces v e r y s l o w l y.

It seems I should provide a formal introduction!

I too am a C+ invader and I think I will be sticking around here for a while. I was the bloke on C+ who wouldn't shut up about helmet cameras. Please feel free to tell me to shut up if I go on a bit :rolleyes:

I'm 34, married (poor woman) and have two boys (2 years and 3 weeks!). My sport is judo which I've been doing since I was 8, so don't mess :thumbsup: .

I cycle commute 5 miles each way to work and have been doing for the last two years. I love it and I try my best to get others to cycle commute with some success. I do it because it keeps me fit, it's a lot cheaper than getting a second car and it's a damn site better for the environment :blush: . I also do it because I like the look on people faces when I cycle in when the snow it 3 inches deep!

It's a nice place you have here and I will do my bit to try and keep it that way!

Top Bottom