New Forums Part II

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So racist and sexist comments would be allowed to stay?
Just checking what it is you are suggesting.
No. But maybe a thread on the budget which was talking about politics? The fact threads like that are being lumped in is what causes me concern. There's only so many "what bike" threads I can read before I get bored. The variety of the other topics is what makes this forum worth visiting.

No. But maybe a thread on the budget which was talking about politics? The fact threads like that are being lumped in is what causes me concern. There's only so many "what bike" threads I can read before I get bored. The variety of the other topics is what makes this forum worth visiting.
You could start a thread on iphones?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
It's also what drives traffic, gets people registering keeps people coming back, content. Even the search engine bots will get bored of reading the same shoot eventually.

Shaun

Founder
I'd like CC to have a break from political debate for a short while.

I want to take some time to look at options, discuss how things could be done differently, get some feedback from members and moderators and see whether we could have such discussions without a return to what we had.

If you value CC then I would hope you'd be willing to wait a while for that process to happen.

Thanks,
Shaun

I just feel a little... frustrated, I guess. I never whinged about the moderation, although I will admit I thought to myself a few times that it had an occasional tendency to get a bit 'mother knows best' and I've never really got the fondness for threadlocking, other than on bike compnenets. Although I've found the tendency of some posters (from the full range of political allegiance) to make personal digs fairly tedious I reported a handful of posts at most and think that the only time I ever had posts removed was as part of larger culls where I had responded further along in the conversation. As will be obvious to anyone looking at my posting history, the vast majority of my contributions here were to P&CA - because those were the threads that caught my eye when I drifted in, chasing the tail lights, as they disappeared ahead, of the Fridays. It feels very much like there isn't really a place for me here, overall.

I'd like CC to have a break from political debate for a short while.

I want to take some time to look at options, discuss how things could be done differently, get some feedback from members and moderators and see whether we could have such discussions without a return to what we had.

If you value CC then I would hope you'd be willing to wait a while for that process to happen.

Thanks,
Shaun
If only you'd said that a week ago before you hit the kill switch you probably would have got a lot more people on board and got some good ideas.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
For me the problem is this. I like cycling, and I like this forum as there are like minded people on it whom I to a certain degree know, and we have a common appreciation of everything bike related. Sometimes, just sometimes things outside of cycling make us laugh or angry and it is nice to be able discuss those same topics with the same people. For example right now I want to shout about the 59% drop in apprenticeships which is appalling. But I don't want to go on a Politics forum to do that, with an entirely different pool of people. I think it is a great shame.

[QUOTE 5052516, member: 10119"]I just feel a little... frustrated, I guess. I never whinged about the moderation, although I will admit I thought to myself a few times that it had an occasional tendency to get a bit 'mother knows best' and I've never really got the fondness for threadlocking, other than on bike compnenets. Although I've found the tendency of some posters (from the full range of political allegiance) to make personal digs fairly tedious I reported a handful of posts at most and think that the only time I ever had posts removed was as part of larger culls where I had responded further along in the conversation. As will be obvious to anyone looking at my posting history, the vast majority of my contributions here were to P&CA - because those were the threads that caught my eye when I drifted in, chasing the tail lights, as they disappeared ahead, of the Fridays. It feels very much like there isn't really a place for me here, overall.[/QUOTE]
If anything, Crinkly, there's very much a place for your voice. I've probably never responded to your contributions, mainly because they're in areas I don't have anything useful to add but I do read them and I do feel there should be a place you can express them, we just need to work out what.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I don't have any plans to go back to what we had, but am open to suggestions if people want to send me a PM. There may be some things I haven't considered or options that may work well for the benefit of everyone on CC.
I know I shouldn't have done but I had a nose around that public forum for the software for this site, reading one of your posts it seemed to suggest that you had installed an add on to moderate (check) and tick or modded every post in a particular section starting in jan 2017, I assumed it was P&CA if I am right and I know this is none of my business why in earth would you want to put that amount of work on to your mods and yourself and what we're you looking for and why?

The answer may well give everyone an idea of what you don't want on cycle chat rather than this machine gun tactic of politics that there is no clear defining line. You even started two threads on the budget, how can anything about a budget not be political?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom