New Front Deralieur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

justinmg

I am trying to refurbish an old bike.
The front mech trim screws are completely seized (even after a night under WD40) and I think it needs replacing.
Its for a 2x9 Sora setup and is marked FD5600. This part does not seem to be sold now. Can anyone suggest how to work out a replacement. It seems it was used as a past 105 item from an internet search, but this would be when they were 10sp??? Will any 9sp / 10sp 2x front work if the mount is OK?

Thanks
Justin

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes, any 9 speed x2 will be okay. You need to look for one with a 'braze on' mount. Bottom pull by the looks of it?
When fitting the outer cage needs to be 2mm or so clear of the tips of the gear teeth on the big ring.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Its for a 2x9 Sora setup and is marked FD5600
As you have discovered, FD-5600 is a 105 FD back in the day when the 105 groupset was 9 speed.
So find either another 5600, or a 4500 or 4400, and of course a new Sora one (see what you can find) will work fine - but has to be braze-on (take care; on e-bay some are described poorly/ignorantly) - this would seem OK: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-...233604?hash=item23d5683c84:g:~DwAAOSwPeBenfxC
Personally I would persist with trying to free up the limit screws on your current FD.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why do you need to adjust the trim screws? If it worked before, what's changed? A new cable and a good clean may be all it needs.

Soaking in penetrating oil is a waste of time, especially with aluminium parts where oxide will have bound the surfaces together.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I am trying to refurbish an old bike.
The front mech trim screws are completely seized (even after a night under WD40) and I think it needs replacing.
Its for a 2x9 Sora setup and is marked FD5600. This part does not seem to be sold now. Can anyone suggest how to work out a replacement. It seems it was used as a past 105 item from an internet search, but this would be when they were 10sp??? Will any 9sp / 10sp 2x front work if the mount is OK?

Thanks
Justin View attachment 516977
sent you a message with details of the mech

Top Bottom