New gear...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ah, happy! My new commuting and work gear arrived this morning - Endura Stealth jacket, FS260 pro jersey, Baa baa merino base layer and some Montane Velo featherweight pants. I no likey the big freeze!

JiMBR

Nice one BM...I'm not one bit jealous! :sad:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oh yeah! But it's mostly about warmth and comfort for me whilst I'm working. Not much heat output in teaching, so it's nice to have some toasty gear.

JiMBR

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Just bought some new gear myself this morning. (Still havent decided on which light to get, but the guy say he can get it in within a week whatever I chose - quite tempted to chose both though :biggrin:)

So the gear I bought was some race blades, the new crudcatcher ones is it, that everyone is raving about. I'll give those a try.

Bought three pairs of gloves too. My old therma stretch have had it as winter gloves go. The otherday I changed gear without making sure I'd flicked the rear sprocket up and so ofcourse the chain came off. I ended up getting grease all over the glove and putting a hole in the finger tip. They were old so it didnt matter.

So I found out theres a new therma stretch glove in NV! :biggrin: TBH I have always prefered the yellow, but bought both types anyway to have a try. Also found another glove: Altura Reflex gloves. I think the latter will become my main commuting glove as its so comfy. It has a little relflective on there (a 3m bone picture, lol!), but the main thing I like is it has gel grips, which the therma dont.

I like to be toasty too. What do you guys use to keep the legs warm? I have issues with my knees and need to keep the joints warm. I have ronhill and salamon leggings but they're really summer wear.

Jealous of the jacket, BM!:biggrin:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It's always nice to get new kit like that, downfader! For warm legs I recommend Endura thermolite bib tights - these have roubaix lycra and are super warm, probably too warm if the temp is much over 5-8 degrees C. Did I mention I hate the cold?

The jacket is uber warm, I'm pretty happy with the kit. Wore it at work today, 3.5 degrees C when I left this morning at 06.30.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
BentMikey said:
It's always nice to get new kit like that, downfader! For warm legs I recommend Endura thermolite bib tights - these have roubaix lycra and are super warm, probably too warm if the temp is much over 5-8 degrees C. Did I mention I hate the cold?

The jacket is uber warm, I'm pretty happy with the kit. Wore it at work today, 3.5 degrees C when I left this morning at 06.30.

Its been warmer than 3 here, more like 8 most days tbh, unusually warm for November. Still cold enough to make my joints ache though, my hands get it the worst (hence the gloves).

Will look at those bibs:smile:

redjedi

Über Member
I also like getting new gear, but hate seeing my bank balance after

You need to get yourself sponsored by Endura Mikey :biggrin:

Top Bottom