New Jaguar Type 01 - love it or loathe it?

What's your opinion?

  • Like

    Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Loathe

    Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Ambivalent

    Votes: 15 41.7%

  • Total voters
    36
  • This poll will close: .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Location
Oxford
Is that not just the family car? How it used to be for everyone before the rise of two cars and up families

We have an EV as a family car
 

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Location
Felixstowe
I'll wait until I see one on the road before passing judgement on the looks.

My main worry is with the driver visibility at junctions with restricted views. Based on some very rough calculations, the driver's seat appears to be 55-60% along the length of the car which means with a length of 17'6" the driver is at least 9'6" (almost the length of an original Mini!) from the front of the car. How far out into the road being joined/crossed might they need to edge the car to get a good view?
 

Brandane

Miles cannot be done unless moving!
Location
Costa Clyde.
A V12 e type is quoted as ~15mpg and 20 gallon fuel capacity.

A Maserati Granturismo is quoted as ~18mpg and 18 gallons.

Etc

Why not?

Nobody normally travels more than 300 miles without a break.

The difference is, any ICE car can be refuelled in 5 minutes. How long does this new Jag take?
Makes a difference when your driving the £130k car down to your holiday home in Monaco.
 

Alex321

Guru
Location
South Wales
The difference is, any ICE car can be refuelled in 5 minutes. How long does this new Jag take?
Makes a difference when your driving the £130k car down to your holiday home in Monaco.

Not really. This is an argument made by many who for whatever reason don't want an EV.

But you don't stop in order to charge, you just plug it in when stopping anyhow. My car will run for longer than any period I want to drive without a break, and will then charge at roughly 400mph while I'm taking that break, so by the time I've had a coffee and a pee, it has another 100 miles of range.

And I believe EV chargers are more common in France than they are in the UK.
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
It's a long and wide car. One of the reasons I didn't go for the 'long' wheelbase van was fitting in car park spaces. The Jag is 10cm wider and about the same length as a long wheelbase mid size van. Good luck with width restrictions as the 'tyre' slots are only 1.9m wide. Not that the owner of a £150k car is going to bother as many 'sports' cars are equally as wide. The bonnet does seem a total waste of space though.

Batman's next car !
 

Sharky

Legendary Member
Location
Kent
Father's car is a Jaguar,
And he drives it rather fast.
Castles, farms, and draughty barns
We go charging past.
Arthur's cart is far less smart
And can't go half as far,
 

Brandane

Miles cannot be done unless moving!
Location
Costa Clyde.

Not really. This is an argument made by many who for whatever reason don't want an EV.

But you don't stop in order to charge, you just plug it in when stopping anyhow. My car will run for longer than any period I want to drive without a break, and will then charge at roughly 400mph while I'm taking that break, so by the time I've had a coffee and a pee, it has another 100 miles of range.

And I believe EV chargers are more common in France than they are in the UK.

Fair enough. I thought they took a lot longer. I've lost track of the modern car world since retiring as it is now not applicable :smile: . But to stay on topic, and FWIW, I think that new Jag looks fugly!
 

presta

Legendary Member
Who did the styling, The Trump School of Design? They got the name about right, Type 01 sounds like a first attempt by the apprentice.

Scratch that, it must have been done by Dolly Parton: "You've no idea how much it costs to look this cheap".
 
Top Bottom