new job; what should i do?

should i serve notice now?

• yes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • no, wait for the checks

Votes: 27 96.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you had it confirmed you’ll be inside or outside IR35 if your contracting as new refs cover PSC’s and some traders from April.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Have you had it confirmed you’ll be inside or outside IR35 if your contracting as new refs cover PSC’s and some traders from April.
i’ll be a full time employee working for the consultancy. i’ve had written offer subject to checks…

now for the battle between professionalism and having few ****s to give ;)
Never burn bridges and all that

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
I work at a housing association in the North east. Want to PM with name? Off to another RSL?
old company is salix homes in salford. they’ve won a few awards this year and have got a new chief exec. new company is a digital consultancy where, as a content designer, i’ll be doing more of what i do best and for considerably more money (kids to feed and all that)…

of course not. old (current) employer is a housing association and do good things for their tenants and communities. pay isn’t the best, and they aren’t very digital, hence the move…
Sorry Alecs, I thought you meant been professional even though not giving a poo about current job.....misunderstanding on my part

BPSS is a pretty easy clearance level unless you've been very very naughty, SC hmmm not so much if you can find a branch of the GOV that's prepared to submit your application, i have high levels of clearance and have had even high for the USA GOV that process was a bit of a joke until they realised the only people capable of doing the job that required those levels were non US and suddenly a lot of red tape disappeared.

I'm about to SC again 🙄 for the most boring of purposes as well

@alecstilleyedye, don’t blame you bud if the pay isn’t right, sometimes cash over other benefits prevail but also don’t be disheartened if it doesn’t work out as they’ll be a good chance you can get back in to social housing/development/ALMO later, if you have experience of the sector and the quirks required to fulfil the governance and viability ratings needs.

Top Bottom