new job; what should i do?

should i serve notice now?

• yes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • no, wait for the checks

Votes: 27 96.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BPSS is a pretty easy clearance level unless you've been very very naughty, SC hmmm not so much if you can find a branch of the GOV that's prepared to submit your application, i have high levels of clearance and have had even high for the USA GOV that process was a bit of a joke until they realised the only people capable of doing the job that required those levels were non US and suddenly a lot of red tape disappeared.

I'm about to SC again 🙄 for the most boring of purposes as well
I found the SC and CTC reasonably ok and the first U.S work visa was not too bad. Recently renewed my work visa for U.S and Jesus it was a real pain. Not only the background checks but trade certification and the rest. I would rather do CTC every day for a year than apply for a visa again.

try and get a visa to work in India then that makes our red tape look pre-school and to say they are obsessed with any connection no matter how distance to Pakistan is just crazy

try and get a visa to work in India then that makes our red tape look pre-school and to say they are obsessed with any connection no matter how distance to Pakistan is just crazy
Surat, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Mumbai, worked in them all and at one point held a residency visa for India😖 Lovely place

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Never burn bridges and all that
Too right. A mate was a car salesman at a VW dealer where he wasn't particularly happy. He got a job somewhere else and his resignation letter contained a frank and candid summary of his employers worth as a dealership and an employer. Two weeks into his job at the new showroom they went bust. This was during the early nineties recession and the only job in that field going was the one he'd just left.

He didn't even bother enquiring.

Too right. A mate was a car salesman at a VW dealer where he wasn't particularly happy. He got a job somewhere else and his resignation letter contained a frank and candid summary of his employers worth as a dealership and an employer. Two weeks into his job at the new showroom they went bust. This was during the early nineties recession and the only job in that field going was the one he'd just left.

He didn't even bother enquiring.
I learnt the valuable lesson 14 years or so ago. Never forgot it :whistle:

I left for pastures new, things didn’t work out, a text and phone call to my old boss and an honest chat of why I left and how I would be open to coming back. An interview later and a development plan agreed as it was a new role I went into and I was back. Funny thing was the boss left after I was about 9 months into the new role and as it is a small world is possibly going to join the returner club and be my boss again.

At my particular association the CEO has rescinded his resignation as too has one of the service leadership team and there are plenty of other returners from over the years including some double and triple returners, you can’t keep us away! The sector can be weirdly frustrating, depressing and irritating at times due to the regulation but at the same time you miss what it when you go through the gate.

As for me, I don’t regret leaving as I needed the break because of what had happened within the business but I’m so glad I am back as it gave me the opportunity to focus on something I have always had an interest in. I can genuinely say I love my job and I love what I get involved in.

Top Bottom