New lawnmower required - recommendations please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
Ok, I’ve been to the local Honda shop, very helpful bloke, and I’m zeroing in on an Izy. Probably an 18” machine. Not sure whether to go self propelled. I’ll report back.

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
Well if it's anything like my lurcher, give it a week and there won't be any grass. Zoomies see's great clods of turf flying around, we pretty much have a figure 8 in what's left of our grass...
The offender
View attachment 522762

haha, zoomies, we get them, too. When she’s bored, just goes into ‘run’ mode. Deer are a big problem, apart from nibbling my trees, dog sees one and takes off, boom, gone. Always come back, so far, ......

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
Right, been and gone and done it. Kept looking at eBay for Honda bargains, and at new alternatives but in the end put my hand in my pocket and bought a Honda HRG466 self propelled Izzy. They only one they had in stock had a mulching kit fitted, not sure if that’s a plus or not.
Bought locally, very good price, nice people to deal with, very pleased with the mower and the deal. Can’t believe how easy is is to start compared to my abused old Flymo!

Last edited:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The mulching kit is great, if you can keep on top of the lawn, you don't have to collect the grass, just leave it & you'll not even notice any cuttings :okay:

Top Bottom