New LBS in Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Saw the owner locking-up on Friday night with a white/black/orange merino top on and his fixie ready to go ...

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Yes it does look interesting - saw it tonight as i went to footie

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Kin...d-Kingdom/East-Coast-Bicycles/143318579036217

cycling librarian

At last a cool bike shop, I called in and the owner was really helpfull, I was only looking for a basket but the girlie turquoise Electra in the window is gorgeous. The summer/picnic theme window display is interesting, the shop is really quirky. The bike stock is a mixture of old, retro and new, this shop is the only stockist for Electra cruisers in the area, there are some new black 'Dutchie's in. I'll be back to try a bicycle out soon, I've only got to decide what style. I also liked the cycling jerseys and there will be more in stock soon, the shop is called East Coast Bicycles not East Coast Cycles (that is is in Redcar!) :hello:

Shaun

Founder
Ah, hello to yet another Hullite ... :biggrin: ... there's more of us on CC than I reckoned for ... :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Andrewbanshee

I popped in not long after the shop had opened and the owner had used most of his own bikes to stock the shop. He really knows his stuff. A proper enthusiast. I loved all of his bikes, old and new. It is a shop that requires trips back, if even just to see what 'new' stuff he has got in. I wish I had more space to put more bikes into, but then again it is probably a good thing I don't otherwise I might have to open a shop to get rid of them. Ha ha

60's Triumph

This shop is co-owned by an old school pal of mine, Nick. Great to see you all think he's as nice a guy as I do. They're having a cruise on December 2nd in the evening. If you're in Hull, why not head on over and tinkle your bell with some like minded pedal jockeys. I'd join you, but I don't live/ride in Hull, or indeed the UK, anymore. Cheers!

This is turning out to be a lovely story. Admin gets a posse together for the pedal out, new bike shop in Hull benefits, shop gets free advertising, local paper does a piece, FNRttC gets a mention, newspaper decides to sponsor CycleChat and everything goes swimmingly for everyone. :smile: Nice.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm working lates on 2nd Dec :angry:
The shop has a facebook page & pics of bikes they have done for customers. There's some nice looking machines coming out of there :thumbsup:

Th dutchies they had outside when I popped in just look classy. Lots of interesting stuff on the inside too.

OP
OP
T

taxing

I'm thinking about popping along for the ride on the 2nd of December. I'm an antisocial rider at heart, but seeing as I live so close it seems like the right thing to do.

OP
OP
T

taxing

Comic Sans overload.

I'm not going in until the display with the Sexy Santa suit is gone. I HATE them and it's put me off the shop a bit.

Top Bottom