New Mamma Mia film..... anybody been to see it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Saw it early last week. The screen was packed with women in their 50s, 60s and 70s watching it with a few millenials and post millenials.

No singing, no dancing by the audience.

The film was mostly Lily James so quite different from the first and 3 songs reused. The best performance was from Omid Djalili (clue he didn't sing).

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My wife was manager of a cinema when the first one came out. It was allocated a small screen and expected to last a week. The demand was incredible and it became the most popular film of the year. Busloads of women coming to see it again and again, all thoroughly enjoying themselves.

I expect the sequel will be the same.

Down with this sort of thing.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 5332451, member: 43827"]Won't go to see it. Bloody rubbish.

Nobody has made a good film since Casablanca.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I don't know.......Hit Girl 1&2 were pretty good.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
[QUOTE 5332451, member: 43827"]Won't go to see it. Bloody rubbish.

Nobody has made a good film since Casablanca.[/QUOTE]

The remake "Roadhouse" was better

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
yes we watched it last week and i stayed awake all the way through so cant be that bad
I have never fallen asleep while having teeth pulled out, so yes, it can be that bad! :laugh:

TigerT

Veteran
I‘ll admit it, I liked it! The acting is terrible, the singing is worse, but I enjoyed it on that basis - I knew what to expect. But then I liked the musical and the first film. Generally I like musicals and stories that you don’t have to think too much about!

No singing is required or encouraged.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Be warned - there is a similar film in the pipeline called "Last Christmas" featuring (yes you've guessed it) Wham songs

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I have come to the conclusion that after cycling and being involved with cycle sport for over 50 years I am truly not a cyclist in the real meaning of the word, reason being I am no way near as miserable or moaning as the cyclist on here. Go and see the film and then have an opinion, have a laugh and a bit of fun, as that is what this type of film is surely about.

The Kinema was full to the brim and booked solid for at least two showings a day for the next two weeks, people of all ages for youngsters to very senior citizens.

Top Bottom