New Mamma Mia film..... anybody been to see it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Saw the first one only because Mrs B brought home the dvd. That was sufficient for me not to watch any sequels.
Mrs B and child 2 went to watch the sequel. Apparently no dancing in the aisles or at the seats at their showing. Described it as enjoyable but contrived.

yes we watched it last week and i stayed awake all the way through so cant be that bad
Ditto

Sjw

I've seen it. Thought it was a load of poo compared to the first one but movie taste and critique is very subjective.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
TBF most of the comments have been light hearted & humerous but I do agree with you and the old addage "dont knock it till youve tried it".
Why not? I can think of plenty of things to knock that I have absolutely no intention of trying ...

For example:
  • Bungee jumping with a rope that is 10 metres too long
  • Blindfold juggling 3 Samurai swords
  • Skydiving with N-2 parachutes
  • Fighting a grizzly bear (unless I am permitted serious weaponry)
  • Performing a DIY vasectomy without anaesthetic - slowly!
  • Biting hard on a mouthful of unstoned olives
  • Cycling off a high ski jump (I spoke to someone who just survived doing that - it wasn't nice!)
  • Trying to swim 200 metres naked under the frozen surface of a Siberian lake, without breathing equipment
  • Headbutting a large boulder to see if I can split it
  • Pulling a pit bull away from its food by its back legs while singing Mamma Mia to it
etc. :whistle:

screenman

Legendary Member
Why not? I can think of plenty of things to knock that I have absolutely no intention of trying ...

For example:
  • Cycling off a high ski jump (I spoke to someone who just survived doing that - it wasn't nice!)
  • Trying to swim 200 metres naked under the frozen surface of a Siberian lake, without breathing equipment
  • Pulling a pit bull away from its food by its back legs while singing Mamma Mia to it

Have you no sense of adventure.

For example:
I still prefer the original version: Try everything once, except folk dancing and incest.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Swedish group, Italian phrase, otherwise English song. Just thought I'd point that out, for no reason other than I find it interesting

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I watched the first one multiple times with the ex and my 3 kids ...
Guess I just don't really like the 'modern musical' very much. "Sunshine On Leith" should be eradicated from the collective consciousness ... great music, imprisoned in a terrible, terrible film.

Top Bottom