New Mamma Mia film..... anybody been to see it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Sorry, but Mrs V made me sit through the first one and that was bad enough.

I hear viewing it is punishment for shoplifting in some countries

D

Deleted member 26715

Wife & friends saw it on Friday night she enjoyed it, that standing up & dancing things sounds like a southern hipster thing, don't see it Oop North.

I listened to Cher's rendition of Fernando, yes I did and based on that..........

......Oh and the fact I never managed to watch more than 30 minutes of the first one.

On another note, aren't Abba bringing out some new songs.

Skibird

I have come to the conclusion that after cycling and being involved with cycle sport for over 50 years I am truly not a cyclist in the real meaning of the word, reason being I am no way near as miserable or moaning as the cyclist on here. Go and see the film and then have an opinion, have a laugh and a bit of fun, as that is what this type of film is surely about.

This +1

I saw it last week and it was a great, feel good film that should bring a smile to anyones face........................................unless you really are that miserable lol:biggrin:

It's not mean to be serious :dance::girldance:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Saw it early last week. The screen was packed with women in their 50s, 60s and 70s watching it with a few millenials and post millenials.

No singing, no dancing by the audience.

The film was mostly Lily James so quite different from the first and 3 songs reused. The best performance was from Omid Djalili (clue he didn't sing).
WoWza......someone has actually answered the question ^_^.
Thanks for that.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I listened to Cher's rendition of Fernando, yes I did and based on that..........

......Oh and the fact I never managed to watch more than 30 minutes of the first one.

On another note, aren't Abba bringing out some new songs.
Feel the same about Chers version but confess to really enjoying the first film.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
This +1

I saw it last week and it was a great, feel good film that should bring a smile to anyones face........................................unless you really are that miserable lol:biggrin:

It's not mean to be serious :dance::girldance:
Have you noticed how often someone on CC will ask a serious question only to get lots of advice NOT to do/see/try because it MUST be cr*p.
TBF most of the comments have been light hearted & humerous but I do agree with you and the old addage "dont knock it till youve tried it".

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have come to the conclusion that after cycling and being involved with cycle sport for over 50 years I am truly not a cyclist in the real meaning of the word, reason being I am no way near as miserable or moaning as the cyclist on here. Go and see the film and then have an opinion, have a laugh and a bit of fun, as that is what this type of film is surely about.

The Kinema was full to the brim and booked solid for at least two showings a day for the next two weeks, people of all ages for youngsters to very senior citizens.
Very true sir....very true.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I couldnt sit through that, its more done to death than the Rocky Horror Show and all that Harry Potter stuff.
Prefer art house films myself.

Rocky Horror Show - fun once but never again
Harry Potter - I think they are brilliant
Mamma Mia - I will let you know what Mrs and Miss think tomorrow :smile:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I'm going with Mrs A_T on Friday: saw first one- it was a decent plot, some good bits, some awful bits [Brosnan's 'singing'] and in places the contrived story/ song tie-ins. 'Slipping through my Fingers' was poignant as Miss A_T was going off to university around the time it came out... sniff.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm going with Mrs A_T on Friday: saw first one- it was a decent plot, some good bits, some awful bits [Brosnan's 'singing'] and in places the contrived story/ song tie-ins. 'Slipping through my Fingers' was poignant as Miss A_T was going off to university around the time it came out... sniff.

I've only seen the Brosnan bits. Looks like someone is pointing a gun at his head off screen, it's quite a performance.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I agree but TBH I take my hat off to these actors for having the bottle to sing when they surely know they are not great singers. But it does demonstrate the all round talent/versatily of many stars.

Top Bottom