New Men’s Marathon World Record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yes, I have no problems with " Carbo Loading " it's the running bit that I struggle with...

I think it's carbo overloading that's causing my current difficulty with running! :mrpig::laugh:

In his world record he ran 4 mins 18 seconds for his 22nd mile. I could not get anywhere near that for just one mile in my school days.

They had a treadmill at London Marathon Expo last year set at Kipchoge’s then world record marathon pace. I didn’t do it as I was running the marathon the day after but most people were barely lasting more than a couple of hundred metres.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yes, and interestingly the peoples living at altitude in South America developed a different physiological adaption to those living at altitude in Africa.
When I was a reasonable club runner we used to do 400 metre reps. It was sobering to realise that my " eyeballs out" 400metres wasn't quite as fast as the elites Marathon pace!
It is, isn't it! I'm more than happy to discover that they can do 26 miles at my 1 mile pace, but when I find out they are running at my sprint pace, it just makes you realise how good an Olympic athlete is.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Was he paced as the video I saw had Pacers were they from the start or replaced?

Amazing run from a relatively unknown runner!

It was the Chicago Marathon, so yes pace makers for the earlier parts but they have run from the start and drop out, they cant join in so far thru.
He has run 3 marathons, won them all (he won London earlier this year) and has 3 of the top 6 times ever run! Either a hell of a talent or a good doctor!

stephec

Legendary Member
They had a treadmill at London Marathon Expo last year set at Kipchoge’s then world record marathon pace. I didn’t do it as I was running the marathon the day after but most people were barely lasting more than a couple of hundred metres.

I remember looking at his record pace and thinking that I could probably keep up with him for about half a lap of the track, then he would carry on and keep that pace up for another 26 miles. 😲

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What shoes was he wearing.
These new sprung shoes seem to be game changing technology and I suspect they will be banned.
The women’s record was also smashed last month using them.

What shoes was he wearing.
These new sprung shoes seem to be game changing technology and I suspect they will be banned.
The women’s record was also smashed last month using them.

They already have rules about shoes - so the ones worn now are legal. I mean they don't look much like my running shoes but I guess this will be the future of them.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: absolutely no chance, Nike and Adidas have invested for too much into them, so bribing a few world athletics officials to ensure they aren't banned is small change.

World swimming banned those full length swimming suits as they were too fast.
So you’d think athletics would be looking at this if it makes running so fast.

Top Bottom