New mobile phones..........some semi-technical help required please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
mini sub charging port via sub converter thingy
Oh that. I am much wiser now :smile:

Slick

Guru
Sorry.....when you say "log" ???
Sorry, I meant log in to your profile.

Doesn't matter what email account you want to use, your new phone will ask you to log in. Once you get your new phone, just switch it on and follow the steps.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Samsung S4 to Samsung J5

It should be fairly easy, you “should” just be able to sign in to your Google account on the new phone and most things will set themselves up. If you use another email provider then in the mail app just add the account. Those two things should sort out the majority of your basic needs and get you up and close to what you have now.

I use Hotmail
Which means you’ll have a Microsoft online account with tools that can sync your contact, photo and appointment information. I’m surprised the nerds in the store can’t help you, they don’t have to handle your information, but they should be able to walk you through the steps to sync old and new phones.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Samsung to Samsung should be easy. It’ll likely give you the option when you fire it up for the first time.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
For me, the easiest way when you change sim cards is to download an app like "copy my data" on both phones, then, over the home wifi follow the instructions.
Your pictures will be in your memory card, so they get transferred once you move the card.
For hotmail, download the outlook app, log in as usual, all your contacts and mail will be there.
I can't remember if text messages move too, but they will still be available on the old phone, which will work over wifi as usual with the old sim card, just no phone calls or sms.

Jody

Stubborn git
Samsung have smart switch app. Both phones will search for each other and make contact. You tell it what to switch over (contacts, messages etc) and it will do the rest for you. Your apps should automatically get downloaded from the play store when you log into your Google account.

Its really easy to do.

D

Deleted member 26715

Samsung have smart switch app.
Not sure it will be 100% the same but my wife dropped her Samsung Tablet & broke the screen, then started having difficulties charging it, we bought another Samsung, got it working on the WiFi, it asked her to sign into it with her email, then asked if she wanted to copy her data over (it knew her old tablet) we then left it alone for a few hours & it copied all her apps, games basically everything.

Top Bottom