New Muc-Off / Team Sky Collaboration on Hydrodynamic Lube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, the thread didn't quite live up to expectations....can the same be said of the lube?
I'm after something for next Spring onwards that runs clean like a dry lube but lubricates and lasts more like a wet lube. Moon on a stick stuff maybe, but then this Muc-Off/Sky stuff seems to be making just those sorts of claims. How are you finding it @bpsmith ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Well, the thread didn't quite live up to expectations....can the same be said of the lube?
I'm after something for next Spring onwards that runs clean like a dry lube but lubricates and lasts more like a wet lube. Moon on a stick stuff maybe, but then this Muc-Off/Sky stuff seems to be making just those sorts of claims. How are you finding it @bpsmith ?
Still using it and rate it exactly as before. Will buy again once runs out.

Basically sticks a lot nicer than wet lube and no fling at all. Does not wash off in the wet at all. Most importantly it lubes like nothing else I have used. So smooth running and gear changes slick. Last for ages too.

This is comparing the Muc Off's ceramic lubes too btw.

Tiny downside is that it does blacken the chain a tiny bit. More than dry lube but nowhere as much as wet lube. Can be expected though, as it's meant to be a mix of both.

Some will balk at the price, I have no doubt, but it lasts so long that I think it's well worth the spend.

Still using it and rate it exactly as before. Will buy again once runs out.

Basically sticks a lot nicer than wet lube and no fling at all. Does not wash off in the wet at all. Most importantly it lubes like nothing else I have used. So smooth running and gear changes slick. Last for ages too.

This is comparing the Muc Off's ceramic lubes too btw.

Tiny downside is that it does blacken the chain a tiny bit. More than dry lube but nowhere as much as wet lube. Can be expected though, as it's meant to be a mix of both.

Some will balk at the price, I have no doubt, but it lasts so long that I think it's well worth the spend.

Thanks for the update. I'm tempted to stick some on my xmas list. It's the dirtier drivechain element (I currently used C3 Ceramic Dry) which makes me wary as I am a bit OCD about keeping my bike clean.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Thanks for the update. I'm tempted to stick some on my xmas list. It's the dirtier drivechain element (I currently used C3 Ceramic Dry) which makes me wary as I am a bit OCD about keeping my bike clean.
I am a touch "OCD" too, with stuff like this. Heard that the lube was meant to be good, so went for it. For me, the sheer smoothness of the ride and the time it lasts is enough to let me accept an element of blackness. It's not loads btw, but just being honest that there is some.

Only need a small drop per link.

Last edited:
Another Subtle Joke Trampled.

OISTFCTU

winjim

Smash the cistern
Fair point raising the significance of using an condition, like this, flippantly. It's equally important to not assume that it is used flippantly and the poster doesn't actually suffer from it's affects.
Interestingly though, that article does acknowledge that the phrase "a bit OCD" is often used colloquially.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Interestingly though, that article does acknowledge that the phrase "a bit OCD" is often used colloquially.
Indeed. It certainly does too, I agree. What was your reasoning for posting it btw? Because it was used colloquially above?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Indeed. It certainly does too, I agree. What was your reasoning for posting it btw? Because it was used colloquially above?
Just to point out that OCD can be quite a debilitating condition and is a bit more than merely wanting things to be clean. Might have been a bit snobby of me.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Just to point out that OCD can be quite a debilitating condition and is a bit more than merely wanting things to be clean. Might have been a bit snobby of me.
That's the context I thought. My reply was just to say that you may or may not be correct in your assumption. How do you think OCD gets spotted to start with? How do you know whether it's only a spotless drivetrain that individual posters obsess over?

Top Bottom