New Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Been a long time SPD user but have decided to give Look's a try. Got my new pedals in the post this morning which I only ordered on Saturday through Wiggle so very good service there.

Anyway, they are Keo Sprint with 4.5 o cleats. What kind of cheapish shoes do I need to look for, and is there any difference in clipping in and out when compared to SPd's??

lazyfatgit

Haven't used Keo, but on my old looks (delta cleats) I found them much easier to clip into than spd. Clipping out wasn't such a marked difference.

You need shoes with 3 hole fixing for these cleats.

Have a think on how much you want to pay for shoes as the really cheap ones can be a tad uncomfortable. I got a pair of Diadora's off eBay for £25 new which are great for short trips if I double up on the socks but I wouldn't like to do any real mileage in them. I'd keep to the major brands like Sidi,Diadora,Specialized or Carnac.

It's usually just the Shimano brand shoes that are a little tight fitting-but if you get cheap shoes you could get a bigger size to allow for thicker socks etc. (Some brands even do half sizes if you are not too sure).

Top Bottom