1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Product, your views.........

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Gunner Rodgers, 28 Oct 2007.

1. Gunner Rodgers

Gunner Rodgers New Member

Just had a friend contact me with this link to a new product which seems quite innovative, I thought I would post the link here to see what you "chaps" xx( make of it?

http://www.cyclaire.com/bikepump.html

Thoughts...................

2. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

What is wrong with an ordinary pump?

They are small, light, can be carried on a bike and have worked perfectly well for 100 years.

3. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Intresting... But, I'll stick with my old pump

4. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

* Wonders what part of Leicester Hilldodger is from/in? *

I'm in New Parks.

5. walker

walker New Member

Hardly new gunner, those have been around for at least a year

6. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

Some good reading here if it helps xx(

Cheers

Chris :tongue:

7. redfox

redfox New Member

Seem to recall that c+ rated as a candidate for 'product of the year' when they first reviewed it and, by the time it came to actually nominate something, decided it wasn't as great as they first thought.

BTW - panter, nice to see Lynn making a return, I missed her!

8. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

All the opinions I've heard seem to suggest, that if you find using a frame fit pump difficult then you might want to consider the cyclaire. But in doing so you will be sacrificing weight / convenience / fixability / cost / etc.

There are also a number of 'mini track style frame pumps' which also address the same issue plus I have shown loads of people how to use a small stone under the head of any frame pump to enable you to only push down rather than 'push and pull', so making them much easier to use.

So the cyclaire is a solution looking for a problem . But it does have a nice gauge for those who don't trust the feel of their thumbs.

9. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

So did I Mr Fox, so did I xx(

10. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

I'm in Glen Hills but Cyclemagic is on Friday Street opposite to the big VW garage.

www.cyclemagic.org.uk

11. PatrickPending

PatrickPending Veteran

blimmey never realised sooo many folks lived in sunny leicester - must be the lack of hills - I'm just north of Blaby myself

12. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I used to, but I got out...

I've heard a lot of good things about the Cyclaire, especially from people with less upper body strength - several ladies on here have given it the thumbs up. I haven't used one yet, but I've heard enough to think that if I needed a new pump, I might try it.

13. I'd need to know how much it weighed before I bought one for eg touring.

14. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

At first glance, it would have to be better than a track pump, or at least as good but cheaper, to be worth buying. Because it's not small enough to take with you on a ride, therefore its compactness is no particular advantage as it has to compete with track pumps.

15. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Are you very, very tiny bonj? Because the Cyclaire is six inches long, and I think that would fit in most panniers and many saddle bags, and the bag it comes in will fit to a frame anyway. So I fail to see how you couldn't carry it on a ride. Unless you are, yourself, only six inches tall with a bike to match.

Have a look here if you're still confused.

http://www.cyclaire.com/carry.html