New Product, your views.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is wrong with an ordinary pump?

They are small, light, can be carried on a bike and have worked perfectly well for 100 years.

redfox

Seem to recall that c+ rated as a candidate for 'product of the year' when they first reviewed it and, by the time it came to actually nominate something, decided it wasn't as great as they first thought.

BTW - panter, nice to see Lynn making a return, I missed her!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
All the opinions I've heard seem to suggest, that if you find using a frame fit pump difficult then you might want to consider the cyclaire. But in doing so you will be sacrificing weight / convenience / fixability / cost / etc.

There are also a number of 'mini track style frame pumps' which also address the same issue plus I have shown loads of people how to use a small stone under the head of any frame pump to enable you to only push down rather than 'push and pull', so making them much easier to use.

So the cyclaire is a solution looking for a problem . But it does have a nice gauge for those who don't trust the feel of their thumbs.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
BTW - panter, nice to see Lynn making a return, I missed her!

So did I Mr Fox, so did I xx(

Arch

Married to Night Train
PatrickPending said:
blimmey never realised sooo many folks lived in sunny leicester - must be the lack of hills - I'm just north of Blaby myself

I used to, but I got out...

I've heard a lot of good things about the Cyclaire, especially from people with less upper body strength - several ladies on here have given it the thumbs up. I haven't used one yet, but I've heard enough to think that if I needed a new pump, I might try it.

bonj2

At first glance, it would have to be better than a track pump, or at least as good but cheaper, to be worth buying. Because it's not small enough to take with you on a ride, therefore its compactness is no particular advantage as it has to compete with track pumps.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
At first glance, it would have to be better than a track pump, or at least as good but cheaper, to be worth buying. Because it's not small enough to take with you on a ride, therefore its compactness is no particular advantage as it has to compete with track pumps.

Are you very, very tiny bonj? Because the Cyclaire is six inches long, and I think that would fit in most panniers and many saddle bags, and the bag it comes in will fit to a frame anyway. So I fail to see how you couldn't carry it on a ride. Unless you are, yourself, only six inches tall with a bike to match.

Have a look here if you're still confused.

http://www.cyclaire.com/carry.html

Top Bottom