New Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Well it has arrived :smile: It is a Viking Giro D'italia so only very entry level but it looks good and is not extremely heavy :smile:. I will put A520 pedals on it ASAP and also different tyres.

Attachments

• First Picture small.jpg
    First Picture small.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 258
Enjoy :becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks fine !

Don't go putting any bigger pedals on a road bike you know. MTB SPD's are just about acceptable (like fitted), but not any with a platform.
Ideally it should be a proper road pedal. :tongue:

PS - Pictures should be taken from the side, valves to floor, cranks either straight parallel to floor or seat tube, biggest ring, smallest sprocket etc. etc. Now go get a better pic ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Looks fine !

Don't go putting any bigger pedals on a road bike you know. MTB SPD's are just about acceptable (like fitted), but not any with a platform.
Ideally it should be a proper road pedal. :tongue:

PS - Pictures should be taken from the side, valves to floor, cranks either straight parallel to floor or seat tube, biggest ring, smallest sprocket etc. etc. Now go get a better pic ! :thumbsup:

I hate the picture but I wanted to get something up to show it. The pedals are straight off my MTB. I want to put A520's on it. That way I don;t need to fork out for new shoes as well (assuming you mean SPD SL's when you say road pedals)

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
OK. First little trip. Initial reactions. My gods the bars are narrow. The brakes are not as good as disk brakes. Rolls wonderfully and gear changing is smooth. Saddle is as good as the one on my MTB :smile: Riding on the hoods seems optimal if I am not worried about changing gear, the flats are the easiest position for me at the moment. Will take some getting used to but I am very happy with it :smile:

markharry66

Über Member
Had a viking bike a few years ago when I used it to ride in to work ultra reliable and excellent bikes fast as well.

apollo179

Looks nice. Definately not a bso. Enjoy. Those tyres do look thin though dont they - carefull in the wet !!

potsy

Rambler
I went from a hybrid to my Secteur and it did take some getting used to, I find I'm on the hoods 90% of the time.

It does look good and I'm sure you'll get used to riding it pretty quickly, you might find you get to like it and don't want to go back to flatbars :biggrin:

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I went from a hybrid to my Secteur and it did take some getting used to, I find I'm on the hoods 90% of the time.

It does look good and I'm sure you'll get used to riding it pretty quickly, you might find you get to like it and don't want to go back to flatbars :biggrin:

This is why I bough cheap. I won;t feel so bad if I don;t like it but will have lots of fun making it a better bike if I do :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Enjoy!!

Rather than upgrade i would keep it as a back up bike, to upgrade the bike will cost a fair bit if you want to change to STI shifters as you are are going to need a new rear mech,shifters, maybe a new wheel as it might be screw on rather than cassette gears? etc etc,

The STI shifters alone are going to set you back the best part of £100 ish

It would probably work out cheaper to go to decathlon and get their entry level bike with all this for £300

Top Bottom