New Saddle - recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robathome

Hi have recently got a new bike - Boardman comp hybrid, and want to upgrade the saddle to something more comfy. Am only riding once per week and don't want to spend a fortune on this. Any recommendations?
many thanks
Rob

bigup

The charge spoon gets mentioned alot

I've yet to try one though!

Cubist

Still wavin'
I put a Charge spoon on mine. I love it.

I also have a charge knife on my XC bike which may go onto the Boardman just to compare. Evans have a sale on, the Knife is only £45 at the moment. (as long as you don't mind white.......!!)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Before you buy a new saddle are you sure the saddle is set up right?

If it is at the wrong height, angle or setback it can be uncomfortable so i would suggest you have a look before you spend any money .

I have a charge spoon and although its nice i find it a bit hard for my liking , ok for shorter rides but i would not like to go a long way on it.

cameramanjim

Getting faster, very slowly
Hi have recently got a new bike - Boardman comp hybrid, and want to upgrade the saddle to something more comfy. Am only riding once per week and don't want to spend a fortune on this. Any recommendations?
many thanks
Rob

I have two Charge Spoons and I think they´re great. They just ´won´ a saddle test in one of this months cycling magazines. And they´re amazingly cheap too.

cameramanjim

Getting faster, very slowly
many thanks
Rob

As your bike is a hybrid you might think of a Charge Spoon. I just bought one to try out for my custom town bike that I´m building and it´s even more comfortable than the Spoon. You can use it without padded shorts which is a bonus!

As your bike is a hybrid you might think of a Charge Spoon. I just bought one to try out for my custom town bike that I´m building and it´s even more comfortable than the Spoon. You can use it without padded shorts which is a bonus!

Am i misreading that or have you just recommended a spoon rather than a spoon ?

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Specialized Romin Pro. Despite looking like it's about to perform a dissection on your very private parts, it's very comfortable (and light, 160 ish g). I've completed 200km rides on it and been very pleased. In fact I've just bought a 2nd one for my commuter and can't recommend them enough!

Edit: Not cheap though - may not fulfill OP's requirements

yello

Before you buy a new saddle are you sure the saddle is set up right?

Excellent question.

People seem to be too eager to buy another saddle (I know I did) thinking it'll solve a problem when the answer was in the set-up. Experiment, adjust, try and find the sweet spot before reaching for the credit card.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just re reading the OP..

Do you wear padded shorts , either lycra or baggies?

You can pick up a pair of shirts for less then £10 from Decathlon or £13 from tenn outdoors that will dramatically improve your comfort.

Top Bottom