New Scam doing rounds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
Beware of a new? scam . Parcel couriers now being targeted by scamers .
Basic scam is saying two deliveries have being attempted ,please pay £3 for tomorrow or Sunday £1 for a timed slot to suit or goods will be returned to sender .

D

Deleted member 26715

Wife showed me on from Faecesbook the other day, courier come down drive, takes photo of parcel on doorstep, picks up parcel & puts it back in van. all filmed on CCTV, no idea if genuine or not, but seems plausible, there was of course no follow up post of Police being involved.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There are lots of scams at the moment. There's one that is allegedly from Amazon saying that your prime membership is due for renewal but your payment card is going to expire before that so press 1 to update your details. Odd when my card isn't due to expire until 2025.

There is another one allegedly from HMRC telling you that you owe taxes and if you don't pay now, you will be taken to court.

The amount of ingeneuity, energy and time devoted to scams could probably make more money in legit biz. Surprisingly the same with low level drug dealers who seem to work long hours for small rewards.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My lad had a delivery from Amazon. Left in the wheelie bin at the sideof the house (not a nominated safe place). Only one of the two items were in the package which was clearly not sealed. To be fair amazon refunded the missing item. Did make me suspicious about the delivery though.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Basic scam is saying two deliveries have being attempted ,please pay £3 for tomorrow or Sunday £1 for a timed slot to suit or goods will be returned to sender .
I had the DPD one the other day. They didn't get me.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Had one on the 9th- I've not had this specific type before now personally (I checked the senders email domain then junked it). There's a Royal Mail one doing the rounds too.
DPDScam.png

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Every time I have had a missed parcel delivery, where the courier has not left the parcel in a "safe" place, the Courier has left a card, giving date and time, of attempted delivery. Plus, I would know if I had ordered something and was expecting a delivery. I would not be acting upon any Email, if no card was left and/or nothing had been ordered.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Had one the other day. Email demanding £9 or else my computer screen would be flooded with ads.

Only joking - Well worth the money

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There is a very sneaky one which has caught people out...

A parcel arrives at your address. You haven't ordered anything but you assume that someone else has so you sign for it. There is an expensive phone, laptop, (whatever) in the parcel. 5 minutes later, a courier arrives and knocks at the door...

"Sorry mate, my colleague just delivered a laptop/phone/(whatever) to you but we got the address wrong. Can we have it back please? We'll be in deep sh*t if we don't sort this out!"

You hand the parcel back to the FAKE courier who disappears with it.

You actually paid for the goods because the scammers had got hold of your card details somehow.

The REAL courier have your signature for the delivery. The company supplying the goods know that you received them.

EXAMPLE!

Top Bottom