New scam.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Be very aware, this new scam comes from the USA. People get what seem to be a genuine phone call introducing themselves as a local service. Then they say : "Can you hear me?" If you answer Yes, that's it , you are hooked. They tape your Yes answer to a contract you have made with them, unknowingly of course, and you get a bill to pay. Apparently, just using that Yes makes it a legal verbal contract.
So, if you are asked that question, don't answer and put the phone down.

S-Express

Righto :laugh::laugh:

For a contract (whether verbal or written) to be legally binding, there are 4 elements that need to be present:
1. There needs to be an offer;
2. An acceptance of that offer;
3. Consideration;
4. An intention to create legal relations

S-Express

[QUOTE 4699560, member: 9609"]apparently they can also cut and paste it out of your post and cellotape it onto the end of a contract - so bad news mate, you have probably just agreed to a time share.[/QUOTE]

It gets worse. Thanks to Gavroche typing the word 'y*s', I've just bought a Dogma F10 and charged it to him :laugh:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
giphy (7).gif

I'm OK because I've got poor hearing, so when anyone asks me if I can hear them, I invariably say NO.
Pardon?

TVC

This got tweeted by Leicestershire Police this morning.

It confused me because without your bank details and address what are they going to do?

Top Bottom