New scam.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

They send you a bill for something and you have to pay it, or something.
Which you take straight to the police. Scammers work by seperating you from your money and disappearing long before you know the money has gone or have chance to rethink.

Last edited:

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Not this one, they have a binding contract so, like upstanding people, the receiver of the phone call has to say "fair play sir, where do I send the cheque". Either that or it is bollox.
Coin still having a mard-on?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
the more I read the OP the funnier it gets.
If I walk into a Ferrari garage and the sales man says do you want a Farrari? And I say yes, then that is a legally binding contract and I have to buy it?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
This got tweeted by Leicestershire Police this morning.

It confused me because without your bank details and address what are they going to do?
Charge it to your mobile bill like those subscription text services...at least that's the fear. It sounds like a hoax and I bet the hoaxer is laughing their arrear off getting it on the BBC, CNN and now police twitters.

Reactions: TVC

Drago

Legendary Member
Another good reason for always answering the phone in a Borat voice.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
OT but here you go:
once I gave my number to a tradesman, without taking his number, because I didn't believe the usual " I'll phone you when I'm ready for the job".
A few days later I did not answer my phone to an unknown number as I never do :whistle: then I met said tradesman, who told me in a huff "why did you not answer my call???"
I'm like, well, I thought it was PPI ... :laugh:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
If I walk into a Ferrari garage and the sales man says do you want a Farrari? And I say yes, then that is a legally binding contract and I have to buy it?

200w (2).gif

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I am constantly surprised that people get taken in by these.

They do, and even I start smashing my head on a wall. My SIL and an old friend got caught out by these. My SIL was so stupid at an over reaction, but didn't close the password loop for over a week - I'd kept saying 'have you changed the password' - she ended up with a text message bollocking from me in the end as she went another 5 days before changing it. She was stupid in the fact she didn't change paypal, but cancelled all her other cards, then insisted I virus scan her PC - no it was you !! FFS. I could throw PC's and laptops at my relatives sometimes...

colly

Re member eR
All you 'smart' people who think this is just someone blowing smoke up your jacksey are missing the point entirely.

The scam is not aimed at people like you. It's aimed at older and less certain people who will get a subsequent call out of the blue and be told they have agreed to whatever contract, they will be told it's a verbal agreement and will be played back a convincing recording of them agreeing to something. They will think it's genuine.
Don't worry they will be told if you really don't want to join the scheme you can get out of it right away.................just send £ xxx amount and we will be quits.

But of course the call will be repeated or calls like it, because they know they have the number of someone likely to be taken in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom