New Shimano Dura-Ace 9150

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Is that the one with the integrated power crankset? If so I suppose it puts the price in a little perspective (but only a little). I was slightly surprised that it had taken the big groupset manufacturers so long to get in on the power meter market, even though they seem to be tricky things to implement (ref limits, wattteam powerbeat, brim bros etc).

Also, Im no retro grouch, but I'm not a fan of the anodised/grey finish on groupsets. The old Shimano high polish finish looks great and lasts an age.

OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
All I can see is someone waving a camera around in front of a bike. No commentary, no narrative, sh1t photography. Not really sure what the point is.

the point was just to show people who havent got to see this new groupset......[Mod Edited] would have normally done a proper full video but didnt have the time as the customer was collecting the bike at the time.. [Mod Edited]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
Is that the one with the integrated power crankset? If so I suppose it puts the price in a little perspective (but only a little). I was slightly surprised that it had taken the big groupset manufacturers so long to get in on the power meter market, even though they seem to be tricky things to implement (ref limits, wattteam powerbeat, brim bros etc).

Also, Im no retro grouch, but I'm not a fan of the anodised/grey finish on groupsets. The old Shimano high polish finish looks great and lasts an age.

its 3100 without a power meter crank.... the power meter is about 800 more i think.... still waiting to get our hands on one but noone has asked for it..

not sure how long the finish on the chainset will last!!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
its 3100 without a power meter crank.... the power meter is about 800 more i think.... still waiting to get our hands on one but noone has asked for it..

not sure how long the finish on the chainset will last!!
For shizzle that must be the full retail price!

Comparing with the RRP posted prices for the last gen 9000 Di2 on the usual suspects, I suppose it's 'only' an increase of 200GBP. However, it's not clear whether the current RRPs are factoring in exchange rate rises on older stock, which would make the discounted price look better (42% on CRC).

In the end, I suppose they're going to price their top-end gear at "what the market will bear".

Top Bottom