New Singletrack in Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Clayton Vale is having a MTB track cut into it now too.

Decent. 2 miles from my hoise.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Did Phillips park sunday 'cos Grizedale got snowed off- bloody good fun! short laps- but fun!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Took my two sons on Sunday, Both agreed the red trails were great. So good we did them twice. We then dropped down to the blue course (Waterdale) but wished we hadn't bothered although there are a few bits of interest (red) scattered around the course. The river crossing was probably the most challenging.

Youngest son (7yr old) stacked it on the north loop when he took off unexpectedly and landed badly but he soon jumped back on the bike and zoomed off just as fast as before :wacko:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Ah, we loved it. The red was short and intense. We also enjoyed the blue, especially taking the red excursions. That steep climb on the paved road, followed by the bermy drop down through the trees was great. The blue is indeed non-technical, but did you try really pinning it? It had plenty of flow in places, and at the end of the day is a lovely bit of tight singletrack. I suppose it's what you make of it, but I wouldn't describe the blue as a waste of time!

As an experience it was a lovely surprise, made all the better because it's only twenty minutes from my house. We were short of time yesterday, so only went with the intention of trying it out and playing, but I'm looking forward to my next trip. The red is full on from the off, with a hell of a lot of jumps. That's pretty new to me, as I'm used to the rocky Welsh and Scottish stuff, so next time we'll be able to have a few more laps and get some air. It'll certainly be a good skills honer.

I run my Reba pretty plush for the likes of Llandegla, but stopped after the first lap to put some more air in and slow the damping. That's the next advantage. A short loop means you can travel light and take a decent toolkit etc to keep in the car. Fantastic little resource.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
...........The blue is indeed non-technical, but did you try really pinning it? It had plenty of flow in places, and at the end of the day is a lovely bit of tight singletrack........

Couldn't go for it as I had my 2 kids with me and they were pretty worn out by this point. I agree it is valuable mileage and would be fun at pace.

We will definitely be back!!!! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom