New Spotify user - hints and tips needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Go into the genre(s) you like, but then have a look at the lists within that genre that have already been made, you may discover new stuff to you, I did.

simonali

Guru
Just listen to stuff you like and then it'll start making daily playlists for you based on what you've listened to. Make sure to nix any stuff you don't like that it picks out so it can do some fine tuning. It'll ask whether you want to avoid the song or the artist.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just listen to stuff you like and then it'll start making daily playlists for you based on what you've listened to. Make sure to nix any stuff you don't like that it picks out so it can do some fine tuning. It'll ask whether you want to avoid the song or the artist.
Does it work like that on a phone? Keep thinking of installing Spotify.......mainly for when I'm chilling in the garden etc.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I absolutely love Spotify, it has helped me to discover so many new artists which are exactly my type of music. The best thing to do, is 'follow' all your favourite artists....Spotify then produces a weekly playlist called NEW MUSIC FRIDAY which contains songs by new artists based on your listening history and followed music groups.

Plus the RELEASE RADAR playlist shows all new stuff from your followed artists...

simonali

Guru
Does it work like that on a phone? Keep thinking of installing Spotify.......mainly for when I'm chilling in the garden etc.

Yup, I mostly use it on a phone. I still buy music, too, though and also use Spotify for checking out new stuff before taking the plunge on a CD purchase.

D

Deleted member 26715

I've never paid for Spotify Premium & just used the free version, but there is another one called Tidal which is new & is supposed to be by the artists to support the artists more, anyway they are offering a 6 months free trial of the full version, like all Merkin sites you have to give them you CC details first, but immediately they give you access you can Cancel, delete your card details & still get the 6 months free. Just a thought before you pay out for Spotify.

simonali

Guru
That Tidal offer is no more.

Venod

Eh up
When I was thinking of getting Spotify premium the lad said don't bother I will send a link so you can join my subscription, I just had to use his address, it's very good and even better when it's free.

simonali

Guru
One problem with sharing an account is Spotty thigh will only play on one device at a time. If your listening to something and then your mum puts a bit of Des O'Connor on your music will cut out.

Top Bottom