new super improved well known cycling mag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
So cycling weekly has now had a super update...what do you think? I buy not every week but once every few weeks and I can't help but be a little cynical....The mag does seem somewhat smaller with a smart new print face and nicely laid out print wise, however the fact that it is smaller makes me think they are actually charging more even though the face price of the mag remains the same. I think it has gone the way of certain well known chocolate brands...remember the mars bar used to be super large then it was repackaged in a new smaller version.....club biscuits went the same way....and for those of a certain age remember those super wagon wheels choc mashmallow biscuits... now they would be no use on a wheelbarrow....but as I said call me a little cynical..

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
I don't buy cycling mags anymore. Got to the point where I seemed to be reading the same old stuff every week, but using slightly different words! :rolleyes:
Rather similar to this forum, in fact!^_^

And as for multi-pack bars of chocolate! What's all that about? :eek:

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
I don't buy cycling mags anymore. Got to the point where I seemed to be reading the same old stuff every week, but using slightly different words! :rolleyes:
Rather similar to this forum, in fact!^_^

And as for multi-pack bars of chocolate! What's all that about? :eek:
you can't have enough chocolate.....just examples of items in the past relaunched and repackaged in a smaller version....

pawl

Legendary Member
So cycling weekly has now had a super update...what do you think? I buy not every week but once every few weeks and I can't help but be a little cynical....The mag does seem somewhat smaller with a smart new print face and nicely laid out print wise, however the fact that it is smaller makes me think they are actually charging more even though the face price of the mag remains the same. I think it has gone the way of certain well known chocolate brands...remember the mars bar used to be super large then it was repackaged in a new smaller version.....club biscuits went the same way....and for those of a certain age remember those super wagon wheels choc mashmallow biscuits... now they would be no use on a wheelbarrow....but as I said call me a little cynical..
I would like to see the return of the events what's on . Still should be titled Spotive Weekly

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
I am kind of addicted to cycling mags...in fact I must say I do like the look and feel of the new cycling weekly...might even consider an order.

After reading about the relaunch here last week I bought a copy for the first time in years. On the plus side it had a photie of a proper racer on the front cover instead of a sportive rider. And there was some moderately interesting content, better than the last copy I picked up. Indeed I was tempted to buy it again this week and went so far as to flick through this week's copy in the supermarket. But tbh it just looked like more of the same so I decided against. Might have another look in a month or so as the European season ramps up.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
After reading about the relaunch here last week I bought a copy for the first time in years. On the plus side it had a photie of a proper racer on the front cover instead of a sportive rider. And there was some moderately interesting content, better than the last copy I picked up. Indeed I was tempted to buy it again this week and went so far as to flick through this week's copy in the supermarket. But tbh it just looked like more of the same so I decided against. Might have another look in a month or so as the European season ramps up.
like you I flicked through the mag and decided to buy....the more I look at the new format the more I like...it seems somehow easier to read and prob better laid out

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
popped in my LBS this evening on my way home as my kinesis has a bottom bracket problem and spotted "Boneshaker" magazine on the counter. He's doing a little deal with a few customers if we agree to take Boneshaker mag in the future (there are very few published in the year) he will let us have for £5 a copy. Given that it is selling on the boneshaker website for £8....that is not a bad deal. It's a great mag written more about the love of the bike with few ads....and so I snapped him up on this great deal^_^

mikeee

I struggle to pass a newsagents on a Thursday without feeling the urge to buy the latest CW. I too prefer to have a magazine then read of a computer, however I still agree with a lot of the previous posts.
Each to their own I guess?

Top Bottom