New Tag Suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Tags are words and phrases that you can add to a thread to make it quicker and easier for other members to find.

They are a great way of grouping related discussions together and helping search engine visitors find the most appropriate content on CycleChat for their search query.

If you've tried to add a cycling related tag and found it is not available - please use this thread to suggest a new tag.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Note: Not all suggested tags will be added.

classic33

Leg End Member
Manufacturers names.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Campaigning
Shaun is still sorting out the mechanics of handling the tags, but at the moment I think the moderation team can only add new tags by adding them to a thread. So if people making serious requests for tags (@Drago :angry: ;)) could also include a link to the thread they are thinking of, that would be very helpful.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Except that those who search for this tag using the correct spelling will be disappointed.
I think Adrian's spelling is OK, isn't it?
Slip of the finger on behalf of whoever added the tag (wasn't me, honest). Will fix it...

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-22_9-23-29.png
    upload_2015-10-22_9-23-29.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 65

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Where can we see what tags are available? The following may already be covered.

A tag for gearing related threads would be handy. Although "gearing" or "gears" may not be the ideal. I'm thinking about the threads that end up with a need to understand rear mech capacity, and end up including links to gear calculators. Maybe also applicable to "how do I set up my indexing?" "here, watch this video".

A tag for chain related threads too. This would apply to "what lubricant" and "how to clean it" as well as "how long".

winjim

Smash the cistern
+1 for gearing as it relates to ratios, sprocket sizes etc but also indexing (which I may have already added) for setup issues and also maybe front derailleur and rear derailleur to cover the above as well as more general discussion.

Wheelbuilding would be handy as it's becoming an interest of mine.

I would suggest tyres but it would become so massive that it would obscure all other tags in the cloud and start assimilating them into itself under its own gravitational force, so maybe leave that one out :okay:.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Where can we see what tags are available?
You can't - but all you need to do is start typing the word or phrase and if it doesn't appear, come here to suggest it. :okay:

A tag for gearing related threads would be handy. Although "gearing" or "gears" may not be the ideal. I'm thinking about the threads that end up with a need to understand rear mech capacity, and end up including links to gear calculators. Maybe also applicable to "how do I set up my indexing?" "here, watch this video".

A tag for chain related threads too. This would apply to "what lubricant" and "how to clean it" as well as "how long".
These are not tag suggestions. ;)

We need specific words or phrases please that you think would make useful tags, such as; chain, gears, gearing, indexing, gear change, gear lever, cassette, gear calculator, etc.

As the feature develops we will hopefully be able to group tags together, use singular / plural interchangeably, and enable free-form tagging again - but for now we're just looking to build a common cycling related tag library for everyone to use to help make related threads a little easier to find. :okay:

Thanks,

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
+1 for gearing as it relates to ratios, sprocket sizes etc but also indexing (which I may have already added) for setup issues and also maybe front derailleur and rear derailleur to cover the above as well as more general discussion.

Wheelbuilding would be handy as it's becoming an interest of mine.

I would suggest tyres but it would become so massive that it would obscure all other tags in the cloud and start assimilating them into itself under its own gravitational force, so maybe leave that one out :okay:.

Gearing Done
Indexing Done
Front derailleur Done
Rear derailleur Done
Derailleur Done
Wheelbuilding Done
Tyres Done
Wheels Done

Thanks,

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
OK, what's a snappy tag for all those threads about padded shorts, and what not to wear under them, and how Brooks saddles are uncomfortable. How about bottoms?

OK, OK maybe that's not entirely appropriate. Maybe: Shorts, saddle(s).

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
OK, what's a snappy tag for all those threads about padded shorts, and what not to wear under them, and how Brooks saddles are uncomfortable. How about bottoms?

OK, OK maybe that's not entirely appropriate. Maybe: Shorts, saddle(s).

Saddle Done
Shorts Done
Bib shorts Done
Bib longs Done

Top Bottom