New Tag Suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Commuting
Puncture

Mod: both these already exist according to our list.
You can find out (I think) by trying to add one of them to a thread - if it lets you, it exists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Assuming it's not because of Moderator privileges I can see what tags are available by going to the search box - top right, selecting more options, and then searching tags brings up the current tags. Hope that is what you were asking.
That works, sort of. It gives most popular tags.

That works, sort of. It gives most popular tags.
I have done a very quick copy paste and sort of the tags from the admin console. I won't do it very often and have only done it now because it is only 5 pages long and took less than about 5 mins work. It probably won't happen again but please feel free to browse this txt file. Formatting I have not bothered with.

Attachments

• tags.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 94

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Looks like 'helmet debate' lost its 'at'! looks OK in the admin list!

I was going to suggest 'forum ride' but I see that 'members ride' is available for the same purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like 'helmet debate' lost its 'at'! looks OK in the admin list!

I was going to suggest 'forum ride' but I see that 'members ride' is available for the same purpose.
It may have done... the 'export' was a rough and ready copy paste job and then delete all the useless info... at was in the list of useless info. I just forgot that it may be involved in a word as well (sorry :blush:)... Useless info being date & time created, merge, edit, delete, ...

Version 2 with a little more data left in including the letters "at"

lets hope Tag didn't feature in too many words :whistle:

Attachments

• tags.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Then it hardly seems fair that the big online retailers have their own tags. It's not like they need any help up the Google rankings.
Ask @Shaun if you like - but lots of folks post about Wiggle (good or bad) so it seemed sensible to have a tag for them. Who (other than you) is going to search for a tag with the name of your local bike shop?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Then it hardly seems fair that the big online retailers have their own tags. It's not like they need any help up the Google rankings.

For the moment we're just looking to add some of the most common cycling related tags to get things started - which includes the large, well known retailers and manufacturers.

Once we have better controls in place for managing tags we will look to open the system up again and allow you and other members to suggest or add new tags, such as specific LBS and smaller, lower volume, less well-known bike makers (of which there are many). :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

winjim

Smash the cistern
For the moment we're just looking to add some of the most common cycling related tags to get things started - which includes the large, well known retailers and manufacturers.

Once we have better controls in place for managing tags we will look to open the system up again and allow you and other members to suggest or add new tags, such as specific LBS and smaller, lower volume, less well-known bike makers (of which there are many). :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
Eminently reasonable, as always.

I'm just aware that these sorts of things affect search engine rankings and such in a way that I don't fully understand, so it's kind of a nice way of supporting small business.

Top Bottom