New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jennyh

Hello,

I'm Jenny and ride a yellow M6R Brompton. I have been recommended this chat forum by a few cycle friends from FNRttC.

Jonnyqango

Hi jenny

Hi there, I'm new here.

Nearly two years ago I made my first tour aver the alps, using a trecking bike. Stopped smoking 17 months ago, bought a brompton folding bike. Mountain bike followed few months later, second tour crossing the alps.

Although I love (kind of) climbing mountains with the bike I live in totally flat region in germany, the only hill is 15 km away with a height of only 120 m.

So I'm now having fun with my brand new BKool trainer.

60 years, male.

Whereabouts are you in Germany?

camlo

Regular
Hi fellow cyclists
Hope to find some encouragement and support on here as struggling to get my butt into gear. i used to love my bike but now I dread the turbo sessions and it feels all wrong. i dont get all the fancy terms either so will try to extend my vocab beyond big front cog or small back cog etc. i have no idea what 'casette' i have and when I did my only tyre change last season i managed to kick the inner tube leaving an annoying clunk.... Oops.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi fellow cyclists
Hope to find some encouragement and support on here as struggling to get my butt into gear. i used to love my bike but now I dread the turbo sessions and it feels all wrong. i dont get all the fancy terms either so will try to extend my vocab beyond big front cog or small back cog etc. i have no idea what 'casette' i have and when I did my only tyre change last season i managed to kick the inner tube leaving an annoying clunk.... Oops.
Hi and :welcome:.

This is a tricky time of year when the winter is not quite ready to let go and motivation can be hard to come by. It does get better as the weather warms up.:okay:

You'll find plenty of helpful people around when you want to ask questions.

camlo

Regular
Thanks Phil, I just cannot be bothered and when i do my legs burn and i wheeze like an asthmatic in a sandstorm. Roll on summer!

Onetrack

Hello All,

My name is Lucy. I am a Software Engineer in Cambridge. Due to various health issues, I recently converted from a bicycle to a tricycle (Pashley Picador), which proving challenging, but I am beginning to get the hang of the different steering. Most of my working career has been to do with safety-critical systems, so I have a massive interest in safety in general.

Hi Lucy, we had a Pashley Picador a few years ago. Good fun but ultimately only really suitable for short distances and slow speeds. Also not ţoo safe. My wife sat on a tadpole trike At Christmas and loved it immediately. Consequently She now owns one? If you can give Kevin at DTEK a call (Thetford) and see if you can try out a tadpole. You won't regret it!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
A big thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread to say "Hello" - great to see lots of new people joining CycleChat.

We now have a separate forum where new members can start threads of their own to say hello, so if you've wandered into CycleChat and found this thread just head to the New Member Introductions forum right over here:

https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/new-member-introductions.14/

... and click the Post New Thread button at the top right.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom