New to CycleChat? Make your first post here and say HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CaadX

LO

Steeler

Über Member
Hi there. Just posted a couple of pictures in the 'steel is real' thread. Don't have any particular point to make about frame material, just happens that my current bikes are all steel hence the user name.

Mostly interested in road cycling generally but am not a racer or club member and prefer to just get out for a ride with a friend or two when the opportunity is there, I also commute the short distance to work unless the weather is dire!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alfie_Gooner

Hello All,

Been road cycling for just about a year now and really enjoying it. Recently bought a BKool Pro Turbo trainer for the winter and am having as much fun on that as i do outside at present, i enjoy a challenge so plan on attempting Mont Ventoux in 2017 so the training will start soon for that!!!!

Singlespinner

Hello,

Bikes have been my transport for years as I do not drive so I ride every day. I ride road and MTB and recently have recently become a convert to single speed which is rather entertaining as I live on the Mendips. Looking forward to getting some good advice on this Forum.

grumpyoldwoman

Hello,

Bikes have been my transport for years as I do not drive so I ride every day. I ride road and MTB and recently have recently become a convert to single speed which is rather entertaining as I live on the Mendips. Looking forward to getting some good advice on this Forum.

Entertaining? I'd say ''interesting,lol. Love the Mendips for walking,yet to cycle up there though,just the thought of the Gorge makes my legs go on strike!

aardvarkoffnord

Hello All,

My name is Lucy. I am a Software Engineer in Cambridge. Due to various health issues, I recently converted from a bicycle to a tricycle (Pashley Picador), which proving challenging, but I am beginning to get the hang of the different steering. Most of my working career has been to do with safety-critical systems, so I have a massive interest in safety in general.

starbug

Regular
Hello my real name is Julia i live in Redditch and have been married just over 8 months (2nd time round for me) first time for my lovely husband, Mark.
I used to cycle a lot, most weekends, but had a knee op for a partial knee replacement a liitle over 4 yrs ago and its taken 2 of those yrs to get my knee to behave itself, cycling was uncomfortable for me after all this time not doing it and i had too much dicomfort in my arms back and wrists, then i saw what turned out to be, a recumbent trike, whilst
I was driving home from work and so i googled it and found Ice trikes in Falmouth Cornwall..After researching these, i really wanted one, so i got one, its red its a beautiful piece of machinery and ive as yet only been out on it twice, trying to talk my hubby into buying one so I can have someone to cycle with, I think hes coming round to the idea. Im still getting used to Redditch roads, can be confusing if you dont know the area..anyway thats me,,anyone else out there ride a trike?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Great intro Julia - welcome to the madhouse. I don't have a trike myself, but a good few CC'ers do - check out the recumbent forum:

https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/recumbent-trike-and-hpv.11/

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Enjoyedincubus

Regular
Hey,

My name is Russ and I live in south Birmingham. The last time I rode a bike was on an Island near Singapore called Pulau Ubin about 4 years ago. It was amazing, if not a little bit harder than I expected. Prior to that I probably hadn't ridden for 10-12 years.

So, why have I decided to started to ride again? Well, I had a dream I was riding a bike in Norwich (I had driven past Carrow Road a few days before) and I was riding a BMX. It was getting dark so I found a LBS with the intention of getting some lights and ended up buying loads of gear and a new racing bike. Anyway, I woke up inspired (thanks brain) and after careful deliberation and a trip to my local LBS, I've ordered a Specialized Allez.

Yeah, so I'm the guy that ordered a brand new bike after having a dream about one. Hi!

Hyslop

Veteran
Hello Russ:okay:.Welcome!Be careful where the dreams are concerned lest you find yourself skipping the rites of passage that involve buying ill-fitting/poor quality/naff/obvious newbie cycling kit and going straight to Assos,Rapha etc.!!^_^Enjoy the bike,have fun!

aguppy

Hi,
Newbie on here......Training on Bkool for the summer holidays and completing The Whitton!...... love the video climbs....Smart trainers seem like the future :]

mountainman

Hello,

So you've signed-up, got your user account, now all you need to do is get posting .... ah, um, er, What do I say?

Well, it's dead easy - just say Hello and tell us a little bit about yourself and whereabouts you're from (so we can invite you along to rides!!)

Believe me, once you get that first post under your belt you'll be off!

My name's Shaun by the way, and I own and operate CycleChat.

If you need any help or advice on using the forums, or want to ask a question but don't want to do it publicly - just send me a PM (private message).

Hope you enjoy, and welcome to CycleChat

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:
Hello Shaun. i live in the lancs area, so many hills.This is my first time on
a Furum so its all new to me.I wrote my first message but it says awaiting
moderation ,not sure what it means .have i blown it allready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom